account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

getting hot quickly

Learner
Message 81 of 238
Message 81 of 238

Re: SONY XPERIA z1 getting hot

Got my Z1 (C6903, .534 firmware) last Friday, had my first "hot issue" today. I had my Z1 in my coat inner pocket, when I noticed it got uncomfortably hot. I took it out, screen was grey, and phone was on, and it did not respond to me pressing on the start button. I then pressed "power up" + start button, which forced a restart. I then turned it on again, noticed it was still very hot, and turned it off again. Let it cool for few minutes, and then turned it on again. During the past 4 hour, I have not experienced any problem, I am however very concerned phone can overheat while idle in coat pocket?

Learner
Message 82 of 238
Message 82 of 238

I pressed "sound volume up" + start button, nor "power up"...

One time poster
Message 83 of 238
Message 83 of 238

Hi Sony,

I bought my Z1 last friday,I notice my device become very hot after i browsing internet,watching youtube,playing normal game,taking pic whit in 10-15 minutes.(battery drain so fast)

Than i update latest software/firmware 534,but the thing bacame more worst.Pls fix the problem ASAP. We as customer want more reliable product whit software.We are paying a lot money for this product. 

Thanks

Rookie
Message 84 of 238
Message 84 of 238

Overheating - Camera Usage

Anyone else experiencing this or is it just my Z1?

It irritates me when trying to capture good shots (whether on Superior Auto or Manual modes) then a notification says camera too hot to function.

Apprentice
Message 85 of 238
Message 85 of 238

Re: Overheating - Camera Usage

Had this problem as well, 2 hours after I bought the phone. I have completely restored the phone, although I don't think this will help. Since then, I tried many times when the phone was hot and did not appeared again.However I don't think it solved the problem, just did not appear so far. This is a major bug really on photo phone. I spoke with couple other people that are having Z1 and they did not complain even when recording 15 minutes video, that the camera would stop. Will see.

Rookie
Message 86 of 238
Message 86 of 238

Yup. Same when I started using the phone. Factory reset/Repair through Sony Bridge, problem still occurs. Feeling quite sad now. Planning to use the camera for year end 2 weeks in Japan. Now thinking if I should let the phone go... Sony, please advise.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 87 of 238
Message 87 of 238

If this happens when using the phone in normal temperatures i recommend that you first try updating (or repair) the phones software using PC Companion or Bridge for Mac.

If that doesn't help i recommend that you contact a service location or local Sony Xperia support (http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/) for further investigation of the phone.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 88 of 238
Message 88 of 238

Z1 getting extremely hot & seeing scratches on the rear side when it fell from less than 1 ft

Please resolve these problems on this highly premium phone. My SONY XPERIA z1 is getting extremely hot that I cannot even touch it. Also got a white color cover for my black phone in New Delhi. I I told them to change it but they are very bad on commitment. And what happened to getting shatter and scratch proof glass?Face with rolling Eyes

Commissioner
Message 89 of 238
Message 89 of 238

Re: Z1 getting extremely hot & seeing scratches on the rear side when it fell from less than 1 f

Wait for the next firmware update 14.1.G.2.257 , hopefully heating problem will be solved.

Highlighted
Sage
Message 90 of 238
Message 90 of 238

Re: Z1 getting extremely hot & seeing scratches on the rear side when it fell from less than 1 f

You should do a phone repair if it gets that hot, Sony Update Service (SUS) , just backup your data first.

The glass is scratch and shatter proof, on both sides. The protective film on it, on the other hand, is not scratch proof. You can peel this protective film off from the screen to get to the naked glass, which is really hard to damage, but this will void your warranty and you will loose "sony" and "xperia" logos as they are on this protective film. Or just cover it with another, additional foil if you keep throwing it too frequently Winking Face

----------
When everything have failed already, try to read the manual.
Kudos mean I am helpful. Am I for you? Then support me back Slightly smiling Face