account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

getting hot quickly

One time poster
Message 231 of 238
Message 231 of 238

Re: getting hot quickly

Hello, I recently purchased an unlocked phone and it has had issues with being overheated very quickly, and the camera did not work AT ALL.  I updated the software al the way up to android 5.0, and it still did not work when I did a factory reset I got he following screen after it started up: 

CAM00089.jpg

Aparently someone flashed the phone to a non-prototype operating system and then sold it as a fully developed version.  Perhapse this could explain some of what has been going on with the xperia z1's reported here.  they are varying stages of prototype resold as full versions.  IMO Sony should definately have a way of physically identifying prototype phones so they are not later sold as defective products.

Cheers

One time poster
Message 232 of 238
Message 232 of 238

I had my zs1 for about a year when the heat and battery started. My cell provider helped me replace it and now 2 months into the new phone in having the same issue.
It's a love hate kinda deal
One time poster
Message 233 of 238
Message 233 of 238

Man...I installed all kinds of apps that reduce heating, boost the phone..remove junk files, but it was getting hot anyways. So I enterred this forum, Red your message about deleting all this apps, I deleted them, and actually before i entered this forum, like 5 minutes i used my phone and it got hot, and then I came to this forum, cause i wanted to know what's the problem, you know? And after I deleted this apps, my phone suddenly cooled down, man, really, not lying... Are you sure that this kind of apps are not needed
One time poster
Message 234 of 238
Message 234 of 238

Re: Immense overheating

ive had this phone 1 month... I was using my phone fine yesterday, today however, it seems to have a constant parade of overheating and rebooting, nothing has changed or been modified since then so this is just completely random.

also its extremely annoying whislt trying to sleep when all you can see is this blinding purple light then a hear a start up noise

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 235 of 238
Message 235 of 238

My Z1 is getting hot without doing anything special like web browsing or watching a video. So I think that it's not any apps fault it's just the hardware. I found a workaround to wash the phone with cold water and don't use it for about minute then it gets to normal temperature and then I can use it again normally.

One time poster
Message 236 of 238
Message 236 of 238

Yes I actually have the same problem.my phone is very new bt I don't understand why it keeps draining and becoming so hot.if u take two pictures it says it's very hot and needs to cool down.feels like have wasted my money on this
Learner
Message 237 of 238
Message 237 of 238

try putting the phone in water for few minutes, kidding remove the unnecessary app ,don't use your device while charging, usually device get too hot when you use wifi or long period happen with me

One time poster
Message 238 of 238
Message 238 of 238

1494875192913774539700.jpgmy sony xperia z1 c6902

i am try charge sony xperia but i have connect charge then show on display your device turned off due to overheating. charging will continue after the device has cooled down. but i have touch my xperia does not overheat and not charging upto 20%.so i could not understand what's the problem.