account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

charging/battery problem after lollipop update

Genius
Message 61 of 78
Message 61 of 78

Re: Charging issue with my Sony Xperia Z2 - Highly disappointed

from my own experience the battery in the Z1 can fail, I had this happen to me and here are the symptoms of this issue and the fix

Worth noting that I only had battery issues after updating to LP, however I do not believe the issue is actually with LP but rather the updating process and the strain it puts on the phone hardware for some reason and this updating process can kill a battery in a well used phone were the battery may already be challenged

Symtoms -

1. The primary one - the battery will drop from e.g. 50% charge suddenly in a matter of minutes and the phone shuts down.

2. It charges but can be wierd - not reaching full 100% or going from 1% to 50% in maybe 10mins of charging

3. Using the camera can cause the above and sudden shutdown - it puts a strain on the already defective battery.

4. With 80% battery - rebooting the phone suddenly drops battery %

5. The important one - the rear cover of the phone is swelling up due to the battery expanding/swelling because it is faulty

6. The rear panel of the phone is actually lifting off or being pushed of by the swelling faulty battery

all of the above indicates a faulty battery proven beyond doubt by me (see below)

I had all the above symptoms and eventually bought a replacement battery and fitted it myself, this fully restored the phone and battery to full functionality, the battery I removed from the phone had very clearly and obviously swollen up and was defective 

Message 62 of 78
Message 62 of 78

Re: charging/battery problem after lollipop update

I recently received an update from sony for my z1 and i updated my phone. Since then after the update my battery is draining too fast. Even if i connect the charger when the phone is switched on the battery did not charge but when i switch off the phone the battery starts charging but very slow speed and stuck at 25%. I don't know what to do now. I have so much of important data on my phone. Please help to solve this issue.

Learner
Message 63 of 78
Message 63 of 78

Hi,

Thank you for the clarification.

I have been experiacing the same issue since from last month. After trying out every solution on this forum, I finally ordered a replacement battery from eBay and waiting for it.

Can you please explaint the situation after replacing the battery? Is your phone working good? No any battery issues? Because, I have seen people reporting that replacing battery solves the problem only for few weeks and it re-appears due to faulty software.

Genius
Message 64 of 78
Message 64 of 78

I already gave that answer in the post but here it is again

The phone is now fully functional and working properly without issue, I get 4x days battery life on standbye

The only weird thing I had to do was clear the camera cache in apps settings for some unexplained reason as the camera would lock up after the new battery was fitted, I have no idea why  

Make sure the battery you purchase is Originasl OEM and not copy, I would also recommend running the phone for a week or so before you seal it up with the waterproof gaskets of which you need 2x - one for the inner frame and the 2nd for the rear cover ( I would advise buying 2x sets as they are cheap) take care when fitting the rear cover gasket especially around the flash and camera, if it is not sealed correctly you will get fogging or flashover when taking photos with the flash in reduced lighting  

Learner
Message 65 of 78
Message 65 of 78

Thank you for the tips. 

I asked you again because the previous post was 2 weeks old and I wanted to know the current situation. 

I will update here my experiance after I replace the battery. 

Adviser
Message 66 of 78
Message 66 of 78

I have had similar issues with my Nexus 7 when it upgraded to lolipop.  I have replaced charging port and battery to no avail.  I would suspect it is LP.  Hopefully Marshmallow might fix.

Message 67 of 78
Message 67 of 78

How did you changed the battery yourself can you please share the procedure.

Message 68 of 78
Message 68 of 78

Highly dissapointing and the worst ever service and phones are from Sony. I did a mistake buying this phone. Have got the battery replaced, vibrator fixed, camera issues fixed from the sony center in September 2015 and now its december again the battery issues have started. Even after handling the phone scarcly and so nicely the phone is no more than. Problems with battery after each update is mandatory. It would have been better if i have gone for Samsung or LG. Spending 50k on sony phone is not at all worth. Sickening customer service. I got my phone back after 25 days from service center. Now again fighting to get the fixes done. It's better i should throw this phone in garbage and buy a new smartphone from Samsung or LG with replacable battery. Sony is now just the name its quality has gone worst. So as the customer service.

One time poster
Message 69 of 78
Message 69 of 78

After updating my sony xperia tablet z to lollipop 5.1.1 (which was recommended by sony) my tablet stopped charging completely and does not connect to my pc. Please provide me with a fix and solution for this problem or tell me how to downgrade the android version without a pc.

Rookie
Message 70 of 78
Message 70 of 78

This advice is just rubbing salt in to a wound caused by android or Sony!