account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

charging/battery problem after lollipop update

One time poster
Message 41 of 78
Message 41 of 78

Re: charging/battery problem after lollipop update

My phone has exactly the same problem after the lollipop update.Can you charge your phone using th USB?

Don't go for factory reset as it does'nt solve the problem.I can see multiple people reporting the same problem over several forums.So we got an android update which will make our phones totally useless.Thanks sony

Apprentice
Message 42 of 78
Message 42 of 78

So the below is my conversation with Sony Support on chat this morning. It seems this is not a known issue and even though people have said the software repair doesn't work, there is no acknowledgement of an issue and that is the advice being given. Slightly frowning Face John: I'm not sure. When I got the prompt to update to Lollipop I did. Scott: Has it been 48 hours since the update by any chance? John: It has yes. By a few weeks. John: It's been an ongoing problem for a few weeks now. Scott: Okay. I'd recommend that you try repairing the software on your handset to see if this helps. Do you have PC Companion installed on your PC? John: I tweeted EE and they said that they're aware of the issue and there is a fix in progress. Scott: Really? Scott: I would recommend trying this first to see if this fixes the issues John. Scott: You can download this here: http://www-support-downloads.sonymobile.com/Software%20Downloads/PC_Companion_2.02.015_Web.exe Scott: Open PC Companion and go to Support Zone > click Software Updates > At this point a pop up will appear on screen asking you to connect your handset while powered on, as the software repair needs the handset to be switched off please ignore these connection instructions and click on the blue link which states "Repair Phone”. Keep the phone disconnected and follow the onscreen steps. Scott: Make sure the phone is completely powered OFF. When connecting the phone press and hold the prompted key, keep holding this down as you plug the USB cable back into the phone. Continue holding this down until the screen moves on. Scott: Please make sure your phone is completely powered off at all times and only connect it to the PC when the repair/update section prompts you to connect. Scott: Please Note: All data stored on the device memory will be lost during this process so we would recommend doing a back up of your data before hand. Anything on the SD card would not be affected. Scott: I hope this information has been helpful to you. Is there anything else I can help you with in the mean time? John: It seems to be a known issue for a few users reading the forum. John: Most have said that fix doesn't solve the issue. Scott: I can assure you it is not a common fault. John: Can I direct you to your forum here. John: http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z1-Z1s/charging-battery-problem-after-lollipop-update/m-p/98494... Scott: Of course. John: Well. Maybe not your forum but certainly a sony forum where people are discussing this same issue. Scott: I can see there are some complaints regarding this but like I say this has not been issued as a common fault John. Scott: Is there anything else I can help you with? John: That was the only issue I have Scott. I had a response saying return the handset for a repair, but EE are saying there is a software issue, so if that's the case then a repair likely won't solve the problem
One time poster
Message 43 of 78
Message 43 of 78

Same problem here.
After I upgraded to lollipop, my fon is not charging anymore as usual.
It always says the battery is draining fast than charging.
Plugged overnyt but still at 5%.
The charger is working well for i tried id with another smartphone.
Please help, thank you.
One time poster
Message 44 of 78
Message 44 of 78

Hello Pal,

Can you tell me if this issue of yours is resolved as i'm facing the same exact issue. But it started for me after like 2 months of lollipop update..!! But its the same as you described.!!

Can you pls help me out and tell me what did you have to do to get this resolved??

One time poster
Message 45 of 78
Message 45 of 78

Same thing happened to my z1c,how to solve this?
Visitor
Message 46 of 78
Message 46 of 78

Charging Problem

When I plug in the micro usb the phone says 'charging' but it doesn't.

I already tried other chargers...

Forum Legend
Message 47 of 78
Message 47 of 78

Re: Charging Problem

Have you tried to charge with your device powered off?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Visitor
Message 48 of 78
Message 48 of 78

yeah, the led is orange but theres no chargingsymbol on the screen.

just the sony logo for a moment

Forum Legend
Message 49 of 78
Message 49 of 78

You could try performing a system repair as below but if that fails then I'm sorry to hear this but you would need to either return your device to the place of purchase or contact Xperia care and have your device inspected http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

Performing a system repair using PC Companion - This will factory reset your phone and erase all data so best to backup before you begin

Switch off your phone and unplug from Pc (Hold volume up and power for around 10 seconds)
Start PC Companion and select Support zone then Update my phone/tablet then in Blue Repair my phone/tablet and follow the on screen instructions - When prompted connect your phone still switched off holding volume down or back button - This should start the repair or reformat process

If you are using Windows 8/8.1 or a 64bit operating system then adjust the settings for PC Companion and run in compatibility mode and chose Windows 7 or XP

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

One time poster
Message 50 of 78
Message 50 of 78

Re: Cant charge battery more than 90>%

Hi I'm currently having the same problem as you. So have you found the reason why the cable disconnects and connects over and over again? Cause I'm confused on whether it's the socket problem or the battery problem right now.