account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

charging/battery problem after lollipop update

Genius
Message 51 of 78
Message 51 of 78

Re: Cant charge battery more than 90>%

Hi @amandadanielle

What information is displayed on the device when you start charging ?

Have you try with another cable ?

I'm at disposal for any question.

Best Regards,

"We can have anything we want on life, if we just help others to found what they need” - Ebelsain Villegas
Rookie
Message 52 of 78
Message 52 of 78

Re: Cant charge battery more than 90>%

I still cant connect to the phone. I cannot restore or repair via PC Companion because it does not recognize my phone. The phone will drain at a normal pace, and then when it is at 0% it goes off. After that it will not immediately charge but take some hours (or days) with the charger plugged in (doesnt matter if it is a wall charger, laptop usb cable,...) before it suddenly starts charging and it will charge til 100%. After that I can turn on the phone and use it, BUT not connect it to a pc. I also cannot charge it when the phone is turned on, so I need to let it go empty compeletely and the procedure restarts. 

What is going on? :-D

P.S.: I must note I have an Xperia Z. Not a Z1 or Z2.

Visitor
Message 53 of 78
Message 53 of 78

Re: charging/battery problem after lollipop update

Hello, I have this problem too, I had stock Lollipop 5.0.1 and then rooted it.

I updated to - flashed a - 5.1.1 with a pre-rooted copy of the stock version so I can stay rooted. My question is: does phone repair work with rooted phones or will I face problems?

Genius
Message 54 of 78
Message 54 of 78

Hi @mohdhamm

If your idea is to run a system repair with PC Companion, it cannot be used to install official updates on devices with unlocked bootloader, as to keep your device rooted, you must have just unlocked your bootloader. But Emma will help you in this case:

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Android-development/EMMA-Sony-Flash-tool-for-Xperia-devices/td-p/30731...

"We can have anything we want on life, if we just help others to found what they need” - Ebelsain Villegas
Highlighted
Visitor
Message 55 of 78
Message 55 of 78

Thanks for the reply.

So you are saying I must Relock bootloader or unroot my phone for system repair to work?

Also, I used Emma before to return my Z1 to stock after using Cyanogenmod for almost a year, however it only showed that I had a 5.0.1 option, but not a 5.1.1 - which I knew was released before returning to stock. 

I have to mention also that charging on pc is working flawlessly, and that the problem popped up not directly after flashing the pre-rooted 5.1.1, but about two weeks later.

Thanks again Grinning Face

One time poster
Message 56 of 78
Message 56 of 78

Hi my charge dries rapidly without using the mobile please help me
L84
Learner
Message 57 of 78
Message 57 of 78

sorry to say that, 

exact same problem here. after lolipop i cant charge my phone with original sony charger. 

it took forever to charge. phone old less than one year.

B U T 

here are some clues and solution that works for me

-at home screen when phone is locked, right under time, there was information how much time is remaining to charge my phone. suddenly IT DISAPPEARS few days before this issue happened. 

-my phone dies overnight from 70% to completely dead one night. (process that use most of energy was "cell stand by")

-this happened after playing some energy hungry game on my z1c while i get "phone is discharging quicker than is being charged" message for the first time. i play it on old androind without any issues.. 

-once i plugged cable for charging, my charger connects and disconnects very rapidly (looks like the cable or charger is broken. (im sure cable is not)

-i cant charge with sony cable via usb port on my pc, but phone recognize beeing plugged to pc

-phone is not overheating (about 30degC)

-no 3rd party battery apps installed ever

-tried power off + volume up button trick before

-tried power off + volume up button trick right now with phone plugged in sony wall charger (with phone left turned on, battery charge is building up again) lets see if it works this time... 

solution:

i can charge my z1c via old HTC charger with htc cable WITHOUT ANY ISSUES...

difference is my sony charger is 1500mA and htc is only 1000mA

L84
Learner
Message 58 of 78
Message 58 of 78

no luck, still using my old htc charger... 

One time poster
Message 59 of 78
Message 59 of 78

whatever method mentioned is not helping becuz repairing the phone with the same bug affected software rolled out by sony Not only me but also my friends with xperia z1 updated to lolipop the problem remains. New bug fixing software must be rolled out to solve  this severe problem. Battery drains faster from 80 % to 0% in less thn 4 hours and the sony support is not having an exact solution. If they had so then it would be fixed in the shortest duration after lolipop update but still problem  is continuing and they wont be saying "Hope this might solve th problem."

One time poster
Message 60 of 78
Message 60 of 78

Charging issue with my Sony Xperia Z2 - Highly disappointed

Dear Sir/Madam,

My Sony z2 mobile is not charging after connecting to data cable USB and reduce battery. 

Whenever i am trying to charge by USB, the charging signal just appear and then gone and then appear again gone...it won’t charge and screen gets on while charge on USB. Due to that my mobile battery goes down.  Also tried with other USB charger but result is same.

I have purchase this mobile from out of india and i stay in Mumbai. So i contact to Mumbai sony service center to repair the same with charges but sony service center does not take my mobile for repair which has not any liquid, physical or cosmetic damage as per said in email.

I love Sony products and have various Sony appliances in home but very disappointed by Sony Xperia in this case and i get negative result from Sony.

I have lost the trust on Sony and disappointed with Sony Service.

Kindly provide me solution.

Thanks & regards,

Pritesh 

Ex.Legal Dept.

Mumbai