account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

camera issue

SOLVED
Learner
Message 11 of 17
Message 11 of 17

Re: camera issue

Don't factory reset just yet, may be unnecessary. Reformat the card first and test saving to internal memory.
Also what class is the card?
Sage
Message 12 of 17
Message 12 of 17

This can help and clarify things about SD cards:

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z1/SD-XC-Compatibility/m-p/383359#M344

----------
When everything have failed already, try to read the manual.
Kudos mean I am helpful. Am I for you? Then support me back Slightly smiling Face

Apprentice
Message 13 of 17
Message 13 of 17

ok just got home and backed up the photos from my memory card, they i can not view anyt p[hotos since a photo i took on the 19th of september. i can also not view any viedos. this is very frustrating as i at least could view some of the photos when opening them on my phone.... i have tried to open them in photo shop CS6 which gives the error 'could not complete your request because a JPEG marker segment length is too short (the file may be truncated or incomplete' similar erro in windows photo viewer but doesnt give as much information.

seeing as im home and have my PC ive took a copy of the whole memory card and i will try to recover some of the file information if possible. 

if i had expected this type of issue from a brand new phone which sony are giving so much hype about the camera i would have taken my canon eos 450D. 

anyway ill format the memory card in exFAT with 32kb clusters and see how i get on. 

thanks for your help so far guys its been a great help, i havent had the phone that long so i will probably do a factory reset anyway as most of the stuff is backed up.

could google plus auto backup be causing a problem or could it have been the fact that i was in crete and did not have a data connection all of the time.

i have also noticed that the videos which i downloaded from the sony entertainment network were getting the same error as the videos i shot with the phone 'cannot play video'.

my SD card is a 32 GB and class 10 however i was bought when i got my xperia S about 2 years ago and was used in that then my xperia t and now my brand new Z1, i have always trusted Sony products 100% but im feeling slightly let down now.

if anyone else has experienced a similar issue please raise this to Sony as i hope this can be fixed with a software update for by the way im on FW 14.1.g.1.534

Highlighted
Sage
Message 14 of 17
Message 14 of 17

Hi mate,

if you already backed up everything from this card, try some basics - like formatting the card from the phone itself. It would be best this way, because the phone "knows" best what filesystem he needs on the card. This will eliminate suspicions about bad filesystem first. Then take a bunch of photos, movies, play around with it etc. Then unmount it safely via settings -> memory and check the filesystem on the PC / try to copy everything you saved on it. If it works, problem solved.

If not, then try another card the very same way. If it fails again, the problem is with the phone. If not, then your card got damaged and again - mystery solved.

Method of elimination will be the fastest in this case in my opinion. I am a photographer for many years and you would be surprised how many cards failed me this way. Sometimes it is even enough to loose everything from a card just by removing it from the device (reader, dslr, phone..) without unmounting it. And after some years cards fails from time to time. You have to make sure where the problem really is.

----------
When everything have failed already, try to read the manual.
Kudos mean I am helpful. Am I for you? Then support me back Slightly smiling Face

Apprentice
Message 15 of 17
Message 15 of 17

Thanks for all the advice folks after a factory reset and format of the memory card all seems to be working fine. I'll consider investing in a better SD card in the future. Anyway I'm too busy messing with my smart watch 2 now.
One time poster
Message 16 of 17
Message 16 of 17

z1 camera

Even after being provided with a 20.7mp megapixel camera,the camera quality on zooming is the same as xperia z. I have been using Samsung galaxy grand duos for sometime and I find that its 8 mp camera clicks sharper and better photos as compared to the xperia z1. I even changed the camera mode to manual but even then the image would start getting pixelated as soon as I zoom even a little.

Very disappointing.

One time poster
Message 17 of 17
Message 17 of 17

Have the same problem. Sales man told me it was water damage (because of the little red dot in the sim card slot) paid 150.00 to file a claim) My z1s has never been near water. I have another z1s that also had to be replaced. A salesperson showed us her phone and all have the red dot. Now I have to pay for shipping another replacement phone but lost my pictures and videos.