account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Z1 won't turn back on.

SOLVED
Learner
Message 91 of 123
Message 91 of 123

Re: Z1 won't turn back on.

GOD BLESS YOU IT`S WORKED MY Z1 TURN ON 

MWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH AFRICA35

trust me this works!! hold down volume button and plug in usb for two mins( still holding the button) after 2min now hold the volume up and the power button it will show blue light. now do a switch to a wall plug charger.to get max power!. dont worry if it switches off but make it quick. now for the last time hold both the volume up and power. it will switch on. leave it for an hour to charger without disturbance!

One time poster
Message 92 of 123
Message 92 of 123

why i cant start my phone after finish updated it?i can on it,but then my phone turn off back and keep repeatly like that..please help me

One time poster
Message 93 of 123
Message 93 of 123

Since lollipop update, I had major issues with sudden battery drain. Could actually watch the percentage drop by the second once it had gone past 50%.

Then one day recently, after a full charge, I left the house with phone in pocket for about an hour. I did check the phone while in the car, before I drove off, and it was showing 97%.

Didn't check the phone again until I was back home but it had shut down.
I turned it on and the big battery icon showed up and immediately, right in front of my eyes, in less than 2 seconds, ran down from 87% to 0% and the phone never got to boot up.

I attempted to charge it for many hours and periodically checked if it would boot up, but to no avail. I left it charge for a whole 18 hours while I did some research and slept.

With facts gleaned from the previous days research, I was optimistic because, while on charge, the LED was flashing red. This apparently is a good thing. It means the phone is not beyond repair, (if you believe the various forums and advice available online).

Well, I carried out the force start procedure - the power button and volume up button simultaneously. Phone stuttered into life, but only as far as the battery icon, which immediately ran down to zero.

I have since followed all advice one can get, even Sony's most unhelpful and thoughtless instructions and still I cannot get the phone to boot under any circumstances.

Sony's recommendation was to do as described above, followed by a clean install.
Problem is, even though it was made clear in my email to them, I cannot connect the phone to a pc and run PC Companion because PC Companion won't detect a phone that is not on. I cannot do any kind of software update because there's no way of getting the phone to boot.

So, short of an expensive repair at my own cost, I'm lost as to how I get this issue sorted.

I hope you all have better luck.
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 94 of 123
Message 94 of 123

my Z1 was at 1percent power, i plugged it to charge w\while using it and it went down to zero, then power off shutting down, while it was off, it had the LED light on after a few seconds it went off, completely, what could be the problem?

One time poster
Message 95 of 123
Message 95 of 123

I just tried the solution regarding the PC Repair tool and it bricked my phone. During the download/repair portion it encountered an error saying it could not download the software update, and told me to check my internet connection (which was connected and running). My phone, last at about 60% battery, now won't move past the Sony logo upon booting or be recognized at all by my PC.

This comes after issues regarding my phones charging capability. My ZL (with all original cords and charger) won't charge properly. Instead of a solid red light to indicate charging, it shows a dim red light for a few seconds, attempts to self-boot, and fails due to lack of battery. It continues this infinite loop while plugged into the wall. However, if its left unplugged for about a week, I plug it into the wall and it finally recognizes its being charged. I get a full charge worth of the phone's use and then it goes into a coma again for another week or two.

Today while it was awake I thought I would try the PC repair tool, and now my phone is completely bricked. What course of action should I take in order to restore my phone to working order?

Regular
Message 96 of 123
Message 96 of 123

Same here. The only difference is that my won't even charge. Never ever again I will buy sony. This is the last one. 

Since people are still having issues and problems (did try the one ''it wokrs like a charm) I don't see how this can be called ''solved!''

One time poster
Message 97 of 123
Message 97 of 123

Hi, I have one issue on my sony xperia z1, This happened yesterday, it was on my table when it suddenly went off I tried to turn it on and it turned on my problem is that it  keep's doing the same process, on and off, on and off i tried the power button and volume up several times and its on full battery status but after doing this it would only show optimizing the apps but after its finish the same process would continue, Guys can I ask for help if anyone has an idea please do help me?, My z1 works perfecly,never been dropped, no issue at all until yesterday. Thanks in advance.

Adviser
Message 98 of 123
Message 98 of 123

(PLAUSIBLE SOLUTION, DON'T SKIP)

Hello everyone,

My Xperia blacked out just like yours, at 50-60%, leaving only a flashing red light. I tried booting into fastboot, but didn't succeeded. Then it comed to me like a miracle - I just put it in the fridge for 15 to 20 min(could be more, I haven't counted them).

NOTE: Remove microSD(If you have one) and SIM card

After I took it out I have holded down the power key and both volume rockers[(+)(-)]. Then a three-time-vibration occured(and hopefully in your case will also do) and immediately after I plugged in the charger(If nothing happens you could put the charger in and then hold the keys)

AND HOLY BANANAS IT TURNED ON.

I left it charging till full(Not booted in system, but in the charging screen, you know, the one with the big battery).

After It was fully charged I booted into system, put back in my microSD and SIM. And that was it.

We should all thank SONY for the fine pieces they gave us.

Hope I've help.

Contact be back here or in Private Message for further help if needed.

One time poster
Message 99 of 123
Message 99 of 123

I was cooking yesterday and my phone (Xperia Z1) died, but the battery was 80% charged. I put the phone on a charger and a red LED started blinking. I held the powerbutton untill "Sony" appeared in the middle of the screen. 2 seconds later the phone died again but this time I could not get it back on anymore. When I charge the phone I see a red LED burning. I have tried everything you said (and what many, many other forums said) but the only thing I see is the Red LED when I charge the phone, and nothing when I pull the charger out of the phone. Connecting the phone does not work, the phone connects and disconnects rapidly continuously, Sony PC Companion does not register the phone.

I tried all the reset types I could find on the internet, the button near the simcard, PC Companion and the special recharge port on the side of the device but nothing has helped. I have no warrenty on my phone because it is older than 2 years.

Please help me and say there is a other way I can get my Xperia Z1 back and running! If I could only retreaf my pictures I would be happy to accept it.

Thanks in advance,

Ruben den Ouden

One time poster
Message 100 of 123
Message 100 of 123

This worked for me! THANK YOU!

My Z1 Compact has been having problems for two weeks.. Battery drops and dies at 90%.. Today, however, I thought it finally gave up on me: won't turn on, won't charge, no red LED indicator, nada.. Tried charging it on a powerbank, solar charger, laptop and wall charger.. didn't work. Held down power and volume up button, no vibration. So in my desperation and final resort I put it in the fridge for 20 minutes, took it out and charged it via wall socket... and then the red indicator lit up!

I know it's not a permanent solution, my phone might need a total replacement already, but this truly helped me since I don't have time and money to shop for a new one.. Thanks again!!!