account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Z1 music syncing issues

SOLVED
MBR
Rookie
Message 1 of 12
Message 1 of 12

Z1 music syncing issues

Hi all,

I've had my Z1 for just a week and have had endless problems trying to sync music to the (brand new) 32gb MicroSD card that I installed.

I've tried using Sony bridge for mac which takes 4 hours to sync 1500 or so songs from iTunes (mostly purchased from iTunes store). Once it completes there are always errors and 40-50% of songs won't play.

I then tried double twist which corrupted the card and made it unreadable. I managed to save it by using a disk utility, which seems to of worked for now.

Today I tried Sony bridge again, which again took 4 hours to sync. No errors this time but again many songs are missing and a lot do not play.

I am already sick and tired of the problems which should be so easy to fix. I guess we've all been spoilt with how easy the iPhone and iTunes are to use.

Is there anything else I can try? I'm considering taking it back and swapping for a 5s, but I really don't want to. I like alot of the features and the camera is great!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Apprentice
Message 7 of 12
Message 7 of 12

Re: Z1 music syncing issues

Hi MBR, here's the link  - http://www.android.com/filetransfer/

11 REPLIES 11
Emperor
Message 2 of 12
Message 2 of 12

Don't transfer so many songs at the same time, try album by album and see if you have the same issue

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Sam
Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 12
Message 3 of 12

Some of the content you are transferring may be locked down due to DRM. Do the tracks that don’t work come from one particular place?

Don't forget to mark posts that answers the topic as Accepted Solution. 
If you find any post helpful, press Kudos.
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Apprentice
Message 4 of 12
Message 4 of 12

Hi, have u tried the android file transfer? im using mac as well and i also experienced the long sync when i used the sony bridge for mac.

android file transfer is better, in my opinion. you can also drag and drop your itunes music to the app.

hope it helps.

MBR
Rookie
Message 5 of 12
Message 5 of 12

That's a good point - not yet... is it called 'WiFi File Transfer Pro'?

To Sony - non of my content is DRM protected - it was all purchased after the changes Apple made. What's most frustrating is that even mixes I have legally downloaded in mp3 format are corrupted and do not play.

This has to be fixed as it's the only problem with the phone!

Sam
Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 12
Message 6 of 12

If you remove them from the phone and then just drag and drop them over instead of using the software do you have the same problem?

Don't forget to mark posts that answers the topic as Accepted Solution. 
If you find any post helpful, press Kudos.
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Apprentice
Message 7 of 12
Message 7 of 12

Hi MBR, here's the link  - http://www.android.com/filetransfer/

MBR
Rookie
Message 8 of 12
Message 8 of 12

Thanks so much! I'll try that now and report back.

Sam - Yes, if I set the phone to Mass Storage it still has the same problems, like it can't read the files.

MBR
Rookie
Message 9 of 12
Message 9 of 12

So Android file transfer worked perfectly - I worked through artist by artist and everything plays.

Thanks a million Air!

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 10 of 12
Message 10 of 12

xperia z1 not playing music ?

My Z1 takes about 4 or 5 hours to sync using any app ...i have a macbook and the sony bridge for mac is useless , ive tried using double twist and droid NAS aswell but no matter what i use to transfer the files , over 50% of the music files i have come up as Unknown Artist and cannot be played on the phone using any player ....they are all mp3 files (none of them are protected) and ive tried to transfer them in small quantities but nothing seems to work ...any help would be appreciated?