account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Z1 issues after 5.0 update

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 361 of 399
Message 361 of 399

Re: Z1 issues after 5.0 update

I've sony xperia z1 n i really big fan of sony mobiles. I recently update 5.0.2 from 4.4.4 n i think 4.4.4 is much better. In 5.0.2 it drain the battery repidly n take almost 3 hours to charge the phone 100%. Its icons so big like China phones. Please get the solution of these problems otherwise we divert to other company phones .thank you
Message 362 of 399
Message 362 of 399

Okay, we're now approaching mid-September and there is still no 5.1 update for the Z1. I wouldn't mind if it was just a case of waiting patiently until it was all perfected, but this isn't anything like that. I have had the battery drainage problem, along with countless other people since May. That's a third of a year now... four months... patience does not factor into that when your phone, through no fault of my own, is crashing and depleting the entire battery up to three times a day!

Everyone is talking about the hugely appealing Z5 all of a sudden, but what about the treatment of customers who already bought your devices? I'm edging ever closer to the end of warranty on my phone (y'know, that thing that will now probably not cover waterproof issues either - diabolical), and I'm going to need it if the 5.1 update is of no use. Sony's customer support has been nothing but unhelpful, slow and lumbering me with a whole bunch of "hopefully"s rather than a genuine solution. "Hopefully" 5.1 will fix these problems. "Hopefully" we'll get it out by mid-August at the latest.

Consider me now hugely dissatisfied. I never complain about user experience, but this has been unspeakable. The Z1 was a decent phone, is a decent phone when it works. But if having another Sony phone means running the risk of having to go through this unprofessional deluge of rubbish again, I'd rather buy a rival brand.

One time poster
Message 363 of 399
Message 363 of 399

Ever since the update I have no mobile data. The icon and information tells me I am connected when I am not. I can only use wifi. Very frustrating.

One time poster
Message 364 of 399
Message 364 of 399

Do not upgrade to 5.0, because the perfomance is very poor. Apps are freezing or shutting down. The Z1 has difficulties running 2 apps at same time for example Spotify and Kindle. After a few minutes of simultaneous use Spotify stops. It was never a problem with Kitkat.
Apprentice
Message 365 of 399
Message 365 of 399

I think my issue got resolved automatically, it started last week and since then when the battery reaches 50% the phone dies. When i hook it up to the charger it starts from 1% and changes all the way up to 100%.

But later i realized it takes a significant amount of time to reach 50%, more than the usual and my assumption was, it was more of a caliberation issue and 50% was equalent to 0%.

Either way without doing anything special yesterday it went down to 15% and it was still working fine. So im assuming it got resolved automatically.

Thought i'll update there for others reference.

One time poster
Message 366 of 399
Message 366 of 399

since the update my phone has been consistently slow, cannot seem to multitask, home screen icons load up one by one, camera takes about 10 seconds to load, battery drains quicker.

no real proper response from Sony even though it is coming up to 5 months since the update was released....this is nearly 25% of the life of a 2-year contract yet they do not appreciate peoples custom enough to apply a fix quicker than this?

I see a fix was released for the newer handsets (which i know is normal) but do they expect us to fork out for the Z5? is that why they are keeping us waiting for the fix which was menat to be released "in the coming weeks"?

I have tried resetting phone via PCC...but no change.

are staff not going to provide a definitive date so the rest of us can start using our phones normally again?

One time poster
Message 367 of 399
Message 367 of 399

I have also lots of problems after updating to 5.0.2
Battery runs extremely fast and phone is switching off when online (GSM or WiFi) reached approx. 60%. Sony screwed up
One time poster
Message 368 of 399
Message 368 of 399

Xperia Z1 problems after update to Lollipop

So few months back I got the notification for the Lollipop update and I updated through OTA. Ever since then ive had nothing but problems, overheating, camera lag, overall lag, everything slowed to a snails space. Anything I can do to uninstall Lollipop update?
Talent
Message 369 of 399
Message 369 of 399

We are going to have a firmware update of lollipop 5.1.1 in a day or two which might resolve all the issues faced so far. Already the updates are rolling out in several regions. Hoping that after the new update, everything will work fine.

One time poster
Message 370 of 399
Message 370 of 399

I have already updated my Xperia Z to 5.1 and still experience worse performance than on 4.2. Overheating, camera lag, apps lag, etc. Any ideas?