account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Z1 issues after 5.0 update

SOLVED
Forum Legend
Message 21 of 399
Message 21 of 399

Re: Camera lagging after update 5.0

you've had a major update and often it takes time for things like this to settle down but if you were to perform a system repair then more often than not issues like this go away

If you wish to

Performing a system repair using PC Companion will often fix issues - This will factory reset your phone and erase all data so best to backup before you begin

Switch off your phone and unplug from Pc (Hold volume up and power for around 10 seconds)
Start PC Companion and select Support zone then Update my phone/tablet then in Blue Repair my phone/tablet and follow the on screen instructions - When prompted connect your phone still switched off holding volume down or back button - This should start the repair or reformat process

If you are using Windows 8/8.1 or a 64bit operating system then adjust the settings for PC Companion and run in compatibility mode and chose Windows 7 or XP

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Learner
Message 22 of 399
Message 22 of 399

PC Companion not helping

Emperor
Message 23 of 399
Message 23 of 399

Where are you saving the pictures/videos? on an SD card or Internal Storage? any taskillers or antivirus? 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Regular
Message 24 of 399
Message 24 of 399

Phone drains quickly and charges slowly on Lollipop

Hello, 

Unfortunately I updated my z1 c906 last night. My volume is fine no problems there but this morning my battery was draining rapidly. And last night I noticed that my phone was taking longer than usual to charge. Usually, I could use my phone while charging and it would be fine but now it drains more quickly. I'm using the official magnetic charger. And I've tried charging via the usb from Sony, and other wires in the house. I tried plugging it into the wall and it was still charging slowly. I tried charging through my computer and still no change. Is there anything I can do? I've shut my phone down multiple times. 

Emperor
Message 25 of 399
Message 25 of 399

Re: Phone drains quickly and charges slowly on Lollipop

Re-install lollipop with PCC, it will smooth things out

PC Companion (PCC)

Bridge (for Mac)

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 26 of 399
Message 26 of 399

Re: Z1 c6903 laggy after lollipop update.

Somebody has the same problem? and how to solve it? After updating at turning on of the keyboard for typing in any appendix, navigation buttons, simply black strip vanish, and the keyboard becomes over all started applications. I tried and with a native and third-party keyboard, the situation is identical.

Emperor
Message 27 of 399
Message 27 of 399

Re: Z1 c6903 laggy after lollipop update.

Follow the above suggestions.

@AndrewDimov 

One time poster
Message 28 of 399
Message 28 of 399

Re: Phone drains quickly and charges slowly on Lollipop

Hi I am also facing the same problem I am havin C6902 and I officically upgraded it to lollipop 5.02.

Its taking lot of time to charge almost hours to charge. I have tried will all type of chargers but still the same problem.

I switched off the phone and tried to charge but still same probelm.

Learner
Message 29 of 399
Message 29 of 399

@

Save?I not use camera.. I only ON camera and have this lag.

Apprentice
Message 30 of 399
Message 30 of 399

Slow camera moves after 5.0 update

My camera moves slowly but the video recording moves normaly/faster like the camera was in 4.4.4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6G3JksxJuK0 something like this. 

Any solution?