account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Z1 issues after 5.0 update

SOLVED
Message 211 of 399
Message 211 of 399

Re: Z1 issues after 5.0 update

I had all kinds of issues described before running on 14.5.A.0.242 / Telcel / México. 

I did a backup, then factory reset via PCC on Sunday. Had to re install pretty much everything after the whole initial app kit updated itself. Then restored what once backuped. 

Now everything runs just well with smoothness and normal response speed, no more over heating WITH ONE AND ONLY USER configured on the phone. Yes, I seted up a second one just like before the reset and over heating was just back (without the lagness and hanging) Went back to single user and no more over heating... I'll stay that way until further fixes come up. 

On the process my 64GB microsdhc started to misbehave. Now I can't format it and doing some research it looks like I'll need to replace it after some years of use. In justice I can't say this was caused by the lollipop think. But it happen so I let you know. 

Mi guessing is that the whole hanging issue after updating comes from a really bad updating packet... Therefore the overheating once you fix it all is on the compilation version. 

Hope it's useful. Cheers. 

ezy
Commissioner
Message 212 of 399
Message 212 of 399

(having had a sandisk 64gb card "fail protect" last month (first time a sd card has ever failed on me in anything) I took my new samsung 64gb sd card out when resetting to factory fresh today).   i cant blame the phone but it had been getting very hot in the area right next to where the card is located so... 

Inhabitant
Message 213 of 399
Message 213 of 399

Does anyone of you still have the touchscreen issues after the 5.0.2 update? Please reply, because I own Xperia Z1 for about 6 months now, and from the first day i have the touch problems. They are really random, but i realised that the touch problems are less frequent after the 5.0.2 update, but they are still there... :/

One time poster
Message 214 of 399
Message 214 of 399

Can anyone help, I have a fuzzy mark in the top left on my photos, however it is only present in 4:3 ratio and is not there again in widescreen pls help
Highlighted
Inu
Adviser
Message 215 of 399
Message 215 of 399

After UpDate to 5.0.2 (OTA)

...still have this memory bug Crying Face

Only few minutes after rebootng the fone the system overall responsiveness runs down. 10 seconds to load the APP-drawer and icons etc. ... you all know this problem. 

I thought, the memory bug has been fixed by Sony?!? Thinking Face

ezy
Commissioner
Message 216 of 399
Message 216 of 399

so having done a factory reset....  

yesterday did the same "day" that i did tuesday and wednesday...  30 minutes of music app,  pub surfing & pictures, 30 minutes of music app...

unlike the 2 previous times the battery drain was minimal...  and the camera did not cause an overheat close shut down of the phone...

also all "lag" has gone... all the menus zoom...  battery lasts very well...  everything looks good on it....

the worst bit was the near useless "backup" pc companion did...  actually make that totally useless...  it did not transfer any contacts back to the phone, or any useful settings like wifi, etc etc  even though it says it had data and record counts in catogories like contacts...   another backup service i use saved me there..

it also took 4 hours to go from stating the factory reset (which saw an "error crash" at a bad time on pc companion) to having reloaded all the apps and reinput all the passwords etc....   that is a "time investment" that shouldnt be needed! 

have to agree.... if lollipop .270 is not "perfect" on your phone..   factory reset it...   

i can now happily wait until my 2 year contract is up (sept when my launch z1 turns 2) as this phone, minus the speed and a few things the faster cpu has enabled in the camera etc is as good as a new one. 

Rookie
Message 217 of 399
Message 217 of 399

No answer?
Talent
Message 218 of 399
Message 218 of 399

Do a factory reset and repair using PCC. This will install a clean copy of lollipop and solve your issues. Wait for atleast 2 days after the clean installation to see the results. Dont forget to make a backup of all your phone content before factory reset.

Learner
Message 219 of 399
Message 219 of 399

I noticed something about the screen when I came to lock it, It apparently switches off when I press the lock button but if you stared at it strictly you'll notice that it remains on for almost a second after you press the lock button (in a very dark light that you can barely see it), and if I tried to touch something in the screen while this 1 sec period it does, I didn't notice this on KitKat I'm on lollipop .270 Firmware. Has anybody noticed this yet?
Adept
Message 220 of 399
Message 220 of 399

Battery drainage and late charging issue after update to lollipop (14.5.A.0.270)

after update to lollipop 5.0.2 via wifi I faced many problems like battery drainage, heat up and late charging about 15 to 20 minutes after connecting the original sony charger. After this, some people suggest me to refresh it via pc companion with repair option. I done this method but still facing the above mentioned problem. My set was working perfect on KITKAT but after this lollipop update my z1 is ruined. I purchased it from one of my friend in use so I dont have warranty of this set. Kindly help me