account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Z1 issues after 5.0 update

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 181 of 399
Message 181 of 399

wifi hotspot wont work after lollipop update

Hope someone has a solution or an idea when lollipop will update
Emperor
Message 182 of 399
Message 182 of 399

Re: wifi hotspot wont work after lollipop update

@cguy

No one knows, you have 2 options

1. wait for the update to be approved and released in your country, if your phone is or was locked to a carrier/network branded, it will be up to them to approve and release the update

or

2. manually update your phone with Flashtool

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 183 of 399
Message 183 of 399

Re: battery charging and drainage issues after update to lollipop 5.0.2

You can install a fresh copy of Lollipop by doing a Phone repair from PC Companion, this will do a clean installation of the latest firmware and will also wipe your internal memory. Don't forget to back up your data before you proceed.

Open PC companion -> Support zone -> Phone/tablet software update -> Repair my phone/tablet (blue link style). Follow the steps given, do not connect your phone until prompted to press volume down while plugging USB cable.

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/pc-companion/

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Phy
Forum Legend
Message 184 of 399
Message 184 of 399

Re: battery charging and drainage issues after update to lollipop 5.0.2

If you just updated your software I do believe the phone battery will drain faster in the beginning. Take a look at the link below.

However, I do agree with Quester. Try reinstalling lollipop with pc Companion as he and uliwooly suggested.

Link on FAQ only Facing Problems with Abnormal Battery.
http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/Facing-problems-with-abnormal-battery-and-shutdown/m-p/320375#U320...
Highlighted
Message 185 of 399
Message 185 of 399

Re: Z1 issues after 5.0 update

Oooohh really? Ok i also have a couple of others like cm security, avast, du battery...what do i keep? Ill uninstall clean master now. Hows the new os doing now? Is it more stable..
One time poster
Message 186 of 399
Message 186 of 399

Re: lollipop bug sound

SAME PROBLEM FOR ME ALSO , ANY SOLUTION FOR THIS

ezy
Commissioner
Message 187 of 399
Message 187 of 399

the phone was becoming more and more stable (and battery lasting better) until today...

5 days on from upgrade and...

still seeing the odd sudden shutdown

the music player is "dull" for 2 minutes then suddenly the music "comes to life"   - as if the equaliser is dulled then turned up on all settings...

the phone overheats very very quickly using the camera apps like "motiongrapgh" and displays the "device getting hotter" warning...

Z3+ looking like it will be ordered end of August unless there are signs of an Autumn replacement coming...  

Rookie
Message 188 of 399
Message 188 of 399

Hey.. I've some problem with my z1. After update battery is draining, lagging and mainly when I open any minimized app it's reopening.
Adviser
Message 189 of 399
Message 189 of 399

Wifi keeps dropping out on both Z1 and Z1 compact. Everything else is OK, sort of. Did a restore 2 days ago. At least that made the excessive battery drain and heating go away...

So it's 2 days after a restore via PC companion, now what do you suggest?

ezy
Commissioner
Message 190 of 399
Message 190 of 399

just seen that another version of the o/s has been certified...    perhaps my .270 will soon get replaced?

otherwise will have to waste a lot of time "factory resetting"  to try and solve the show stoppers...

1)  heating issue that starts soon after "music" app is used

2) the music app is "quiet/muffled" for a couple of minutes before then becoming "loud"  as if the equaliser etc dont work straight away

3) the camera is near useless - at least any of its apps are, as it begins warning of high temps very quickly after launching

and some daft annoyances...

such as)   while i can set notification noises that are mpeg files for gmail, sms, whatsapp...  i cant for the email app...  it allows me to pick one and then it just reverts back to pixiedust or something.