account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Z1 issues after 5.0 update

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 111 of 399
Message 111 of 399

Re: Z1 issues after 5.0 update

Im at the point that if this update doesn't sort itself out I'm getting rid of the Sony. Can't believe its messed my phone up this much. Been to a shop they can't help and it's so frustrating. You should be able to down grade. Had my phone over a year and liked it but now can't take another week. So disappointed and annoyed
Learner
Message 112 of 399
Message 112 of 399

Hi, Im having problems with the transfering of apps on the SD card. I have transfered almost 3 gig of app on SD card but still, upon checking the available memory on the device remains the same. I have also checked the android folder on SD card in the file commander (this is where i believe the apps should be transfered) and found it to be consuming only 200mb. Any solutions?
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 113 of 399
Message 113 of 399

ultra stamina

Hello, today updated Sony xperia z1 to android 5.0.2, there was a regime ultra stamina, super mode, but there is one but it is possible to edit it (add notes and music player) ??

Inhabitant
Message 114 of 399
Message 114 of 399

Moving APPS TO SD only means the (.apk) files are moved, not the whole DATA folders. This keeps the apps in perfect running conditions or the speed and transfer of your SD card to the phone will make your app lag a lot. Try clearing CACHE data from your phone.

To Clear CACHE in your phone and make phone space -

Go to Settings > Storage > Cached Data (press on it) > CLEAR cache data.

This will clear up a lot of space on your internal storage :-)

P.S. This data is only stored by apps, it does not affect any of your personal data

@esamon17 wrote:
Hi, Im having problems with the transfering of apps on the SD card. I have transfered almost 3 gig of app on SD card but still, upon checking the available memory on the device remains the same. I have also checked the android folder on SD card in the file commander (this is where i believe the apps should be transfered) and found it to be consuming only 200mb. Any solutions?

Learner
Message 115 of 399
Message 115 of 399

So, you mean to say is that the only purpose of transfering the apps to the SD card is for performance and stability of the apps?
Visitor
Message 116 of 399
Message 116 of 399

Okay I don't like this update, I would like to roll back to kitkat. And I don't own a pc so I need a apk wich would do that without losing data. If you gona release new os version please warn us that is not stable. My phone is slower and overheating since I updated to lollipop.
Inu
Adviser
Message 117 of 399
Message 117 of 399

Hi Rizbooo,

There is no way to "downgrade" your Z1 without a PC. Check a repair shop in your near - perhaps they can help you. 

Be warned. You will loose ALL your data, because a downgrade will overwrite the internal memory like formating your PC harddisk.

Regarding Android 5.0 the problem isn't primary a sony problem. Some controlling services aren't working like expected like memory management (there is a fix from google but still not available for the normal user) and poorly coded Apps causing unnecessary "wakelocks". 

I could reduce the consumption by 80% blocking ALL background mobile data use and only allowing my primary apps (Whatsapp, Hangover, mail. etc...) to access the mobile internet (mobile internet is causing 80% of my battery drain. I'm turing it OFF with SMART CONNECT for the night for example)

However. The CORE is still not running as it should - GOOGLE- please give us a fix! Better, give me official root user.

One time poster
Message 118 of 399
Message 118 of 399

lollipop issues/bugs

If my phone is on lock and I receive a call the screen remains blank until I unlock the phone and enter unlock pattern.
Is anyone else having this issue

Sony Xperia Z1
Emperor
Message 119 of 399
Message 119 of 399

Re: lollipop issues/bugs

What do you mean by "blank"?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 120 of 399
Message 120 of 399

Camera start lagging.....