account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Z1 issues after 5.0 update

SOLVED
Emperor
Message 91 of 399
Message 91 of 399

Re: Z1 issues after 5.0 update

It will delete all the apps.

@hassanff9

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Rookie
Message 92 of 399
Message 92 of 399

Re: Emojis

Yes, I can use diferent Keyboards, but in the app snapchat the keyboard dont makes the emojis chage.

Message 93 of 399
Message 93 of 399

Clean installation means full android 5 fresh copy installation. It will remove all data and apps on your phone memory not so card. To install fresh copy do following steps

1. Download PC Companion from http://www.sonymobile.com/in/tools/pc-companion/ , and install it on your Windows computer.

2. Turn off the phone and disconnect it from the computer.

3. Open the PC Companion application.

4. Select Start under Support Zone.

5. Select device Software Update and Start.

6. Could not find phone appears. Select Repair phone and Connect.

7. You will receive a message on PC companion that data will be lost if you will continue.

8. Tick the box to confirm that you have understood that all personal data will be lost. Then click Next. The application prepares for the update and if necessary downloads required data from the web.

9. Select your phone model manually and then click Next.

10. Depending on the model selected, you are asked to perform a few steps for the update for PC Companion to be able to update the phone software.

11. Do not connect the phone yet! Note! At this point the phone must be off and disconnected from the computer.

12. Connect the USB cable to the computer, not to the phone.

13.Xperia: While pressing and holding down the indicated button (Volume down key), connect the USB cable to the Xperia device, and keep holding and pressing down the indicated button until The update of your device has started... appears (in some cases installing drivers appears first).

14. If you failed to follow the steps correctly the phone will turn on, and Proceed with the following steps, slide down the notification bar appear.

15. If this happens, disconnect the phone from the cable, turn it off and repeat from step 12.

16. Follow the instructions on the screen. When the repair is finished, disconnect the device and then start the device again.

17. Select Next. If the repair was successful, the message will appear that device has been successfully updated appears.

18. Select Finish.
Emperor
Message 94 of 399
Message 94 of 399

Re: Emojis

@Wesley02 

Contact Sony directly

http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/contactUs/

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 95 of 399
Message 95 of 399

Hello..my name is osaze from nigeria. I recently updated...

Hello..my name is osaze from nigeria.
I recently updated my xperia z1 to the andriod lollipop 5.0 and i noticed some anomalies after the update was installed...firstly,my notification lights stopped working such that when i get messages frm any app it does not "blink" to notify me.
Secondly,my z1,as never seen before creates command on its own ,sometimes i jus get a prompt for something i didnt initiate.
I just want to know if i am alone in this and if sony had any bug fixing update for this anomalies..but that aside,the lollipop version is working fine.
Thanx
Rookie
Message 96 of 399
Message 96 of 399

this update is probably the worst I have ever seen from any phone manufacture.

I have now had to full factory reset my phone losing alot of data.

The battery life is aweful with this new update, the phone has been crashing and rebooting alot, prior to reseting I could not make calls or send texts, the apps would just crash.

I went from a usable phone to a unuseable one.

DO NOT UPDATE your phone.

We have 3 z1's including mine, the other 2 will remain on kitkat until I can confirm sony has fixed the bugs.

If I cant get my phone to be stable I may be going to buy a new phone in the next couple days.

Learner
Message 97 of 399
Message 97 of 399

My Xperia z1 witch android 5.0 have laggs When press The menu ikon..
Rookie
Message 98 of 399
Message 98 of 399

Back running KitKit again, phew, ill be waiting a while before running any updates again.

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 99 of 399
Message 99 of 399

in Kitkat we could check battery available capacity battery health by going to *#*#7378423*#*# and go to service tests and click on battery health or somting like this.

but this option is remove from xperia android lillipop service menu.

how can check available battery capacity?

Message 100 of 399
Message 100 of 399

Im scared to update my z1. Is it worth it??