account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Z1 issues after 5.0 update

SOLVED
Message 41 of 399
Message 41 of 399

Re: Z1 issues after 5.0 update

I updated android 5, now my all problems solved which I faced in buggy Kitkat. Now phone is Very smooth and fast. Bluetooth speaker volume control bug fixed.
Very good notifications and dialer. All over graphics are very good. Camera problem solved. No hanging. Its good first copy of Android is bug free.
Only one problem third party headphones detection problem is same only they detected first time as Kitkat.
One time poster
Message 42 of 399
Message 42 of 399

i updated my z1 few days ago, and now i can't use mobile data (3g, 4G), only wi-fi. Someone else?? 

One time poster
Message 43 of 399
Message 43 of 399

Portable hotspot and WiFi isn't working after lollipop 🍭 update.
Visitor
Message 44 of 399
Message 44 of 399

Hi all, I just updated to the newer software. I don't know is it me or due to the new update. My phone won't show the notification at the lock screen. I will need Unlock then it will show if I have a msg or a miss call . Please help.
One time poster
Message 45 of 399
Message 45 of 399

Z1 5.0.2 overheating problem

I just got an update few days ago to Lollipop 5.0.2 and got a problem about the temperature even I didn't do anything to the phone. It announced similar to the picture below and theafter it shuted downSlightly frowning Face I wonder whether it's just an update's problem or not. Please help me guys ...original.jpg

Learner
Message 46 of 399
Message 46 of 399

I updated my Z1 about 10 days ago. First the battery was draining fast. I usually recharge my phone once every 36 hours but after the update it was like once every 12 hours. I found out that Guest account was draining the battery. i removed completely the guest account and that fixed the issue. now im back to the once every 36 hours recharge.
other issues i noticed:
smart connect stopped functioning a few times 2-3 days after the update a few times after i opened phone app or some other apps.(cant remember which ones but moslty it was after i opened phone app) it was fixed by itself, meaning havent gotten an error message for a week now.
sometimes, very rarely,  i need to tap 2 times on an icon to open an app

after pressing the home screen, icons need time to load. this sometimes also happens when i tap the app list button.

camera app is very slow to open. sometimes 4-5 seconds pass before the app is opened. no other issues except that. i think picture quality got better.

app store laggs when downloading new apps even if im using wifi connection. download time on kitkat on another device is unchanged. app install time is not affected.

changing between apps or opening new apps needs more time

overall performance before the update was better. you dont have the feeling of fluidity anymore. although just after the update you could not talk about fluidity at all. now is much better than just before the update.
I guess im gonna wait a few days more (a week or two) and see it it will be better, which i believe it will.
Slightly smiling Face

Learner
Message 47 of 399
Message 47 of 399

Well I think it is about one week I have updated my Z1 to 5.0. It is working very good. After deleting about two GB of pictures it is working very fast. Still I have lot of pictures. Battery performance is same as before. It is enough for one day Of course with a lot of Internet usage. Camera 🎥 is good. The only problem that I have (after update) is alarm ⏰. When it starts to ringing every thing on screen moves also so I cannot stop the alarm ⏰. I tried side key 🔑 also but nothing happens.(it is sats to silence 🔇 the alarm )Just I can restart it. Well I have no idea how to fix it.
Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 48 of 399
Message 48 of 399

Lollipop update - sms won't load and battery draining very quickly

Ok I get the battery is draining because it's doing 'something' in the background but it's draining quicker than I can charge it and the phone is very hot. I've restarted if but it's still doing it. Nothing unusual in the power information area - it's not showing messaging as killing the power or anything else unusual for that matter.

The main issue though is I can't load my sms. I go in to Messaging and there is nothing there, no messages - nowt. I've tried installing an external messaging app and they aren't showing any messages either.

But PLEASE I need my text messages I have a backup from two days ago how can I get the app (any of them!) working please so I text.... I have also tried to clear the settings and cache and that hasn't worked either Slightly frowning Face

Enthusiast
Message 49 of 399
Message 49 of 399

Any tips before upgrading to lollipop ?

I have an unlocked Z1 (in UK). I got the notification of new sw yesterday. Just because my phone is working well, I am not jumping on this upgrade immediately. I will be doing the usual step of backing up personal data like contacts, text, photos etc.. either using sony companion or other apps.

I am also keeping a record of how phone is functioning now.. usual battery life, what standby is show at 100% battery, benchmarks etc (on kitkat)

are there any other things I should do before doing the upgrade ? e.g. doing a factory reset on kitkat first.. then go to lollipop...

or anything else.. just to make sure it goes well ?

Inhabitant
Message 50 of 399
Message 50 of 399

Re: Any tips before upgrading to lollipop ?

Back everything up in triplicate lol....

I've been running it on my Z2 tablet and it's been great but I upgraded my Z1 phone last night and have had problems today.

But - I don't think it's anything that couldnt be fixed with a repair so if you have a good backup of your data you will be fine just in case you do hit any funnies.