account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Z1 issues after 5.0 update

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 391 of 399
Message 391 of 399

Re: Z1 issues after 5.0 update

How to downgrade from lollipop to kitkat?
My battery drain very fast even not using it
Apprentice
Message 392 of 399
Message 392 of 399

What find strange is the lag of information about the 5.1 update in Holland on a un-branded Phone.
Message 393 of 399
Message 393 of 399

While playing candy crush, my phone shut off then on again by itself. And yes the volume seems lower after lollipop update. Also, should I update my phone over Pc companion all the time
Highlighted
Rookie
Message 394 of 399
Message 394 of 399

Ive got a problem with the microphone when making and taking callson my Z1. no body can here me, the microphone is very low.

Im going to perform a repair useing the PC Companion on my visa laptop, for some reason it didnt work on my macbook using Sony Bridge, it just hung for about 2 days even though it is the lastest version. I didnt have a problem with battery life on my Z1, that seems to be ok. Just the microphone. This is the second time it happened. Will keep you posted.

Adviser
Message 395 of 399
Message 395 of 399

Hello all,

How many of you are experiencing issues when you press the home button and you have to wait for the home screen to be "redrawn?"  That is a sign of a memory leak, or something using up so much of the RAM in this phone that it has to close other application to make room to draw the homescreen again.

How many of you also experience lagginess or slowness when multitasking or browsing the web and watching videos? Does the phone heat up rapidly when you do this? Another sign of a memory leak. The phone is struggling to keep up with showing you whats on the screen because the RAM is running out, and little do you know that at this point the built in memory management of this version of android on the Z1s/Z1 begins to attempt to clear more RAM....by killing your recently used apps. Sometimes these are apps you dont want killed, like smartwatch related apps, messaging apps, etc.

How many of you also experience the above, then receive a call?  This further burdens the memory of the phone. At this point answering that call becomes a hassle, you might be lucky to be able to press the "answer" button. I know when this happens to me, i have to press the power button and turn the screen off then on before the answer button will respond to my touch.

Sometimes even my customizations dont work because the phone runs out of RAM to store them and play/show them when the time comes. My lockscreen wallpaper disappears when all these issues are happening, as well when a person with a custom ringtone i set for them calls me, the phone plays the standard ringtone instead of their custom one.

All these issues are memory related and i know those of us experiencing these issues are having a hard time because of this. We all want to know if Sony is aware of, and working on an update to address this.

In a different thread, "Forum Legend" user Uliwooly said "perhaps 5.1 will fix this issue." I googled around to verify what he said and it seems Sony has announced 5.1 is coming for all Z devices. Here is one source, since i had to find it myself.
http://gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/news/sony-announce​s-android-51-lollipop-update-for-xperia-z-series-...

The bottom of that post specifies what i was suspecting all along, here is an excerpt.
"The update brings a fix for the memory leak issue that was reported to be affecting Android 5.0 Lollipop users leading to crashing of apps alongside fix for random app crashes of dialler and messaging apps."

So to put it all together, to sum up many of the issues that many are experiencing, there is your answer and there is some info on what to expect. Unfortunately, i think us US Tmobile Z1s users might be screwed for a while longer because updates have to go through that additional layer (the carrier, tmobile). But if we want Sony to make sure we are heard, posting here isn't the answer. This thread is just informational for all you out there wondering why you are having issues.
But maybe we can have a voice still, maybe we can help give Sony a reason to work a little faster. If you are having issues, please reach out to sony and let them know. Here is the link

http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/contactUs/

Adviser
Message 396 of 399
Message 396 of 399

Where oh where is the 5.1.1 firmware update for Z1s c6916?

One time poster
Message 397 of 399
Message 397 of 399

Re: Z1 c6903 laggy after lollipop update.

Sony....

I was such a big fan of Sony but ur 5.0 Lollipop release on Z1 have made me upset.

Battery draining issue is a pain in butt.

I understand that issue occurs after a maor release but more upsetting it that even so many people reporting it to you... You guys are just going to sit idle and do nothing to fix it. Why we should buy so costly phone only to know that one day you will dump us with any issues with it.

SO much money spend on a product and dont even get the basic feature for a respectable battery life only because few of ur coder decided to make a change which discharge the battery.... that so bad... 

I really hoped that Sony which is such a big brand will do something for us.... but today i just lost hope with u.....

I am never buying sony again.

You all......

One time poster
Message 398 of 399
Message 398 of 399

Re: Z1 c6903 battery issue after lollipop update

after i got lollipop update in my sony xperia z1 there was a battery issue . when i charge it to 100 percentage after some hours itll directly shows the percentage as 30-50 percentage or Itll switch off due to low battery is there is any solution?

One time poster
Message 399 of 399
Message 399 of 399

go to sound and notifications > scroll down and select 'when device is locked' > and select hide sensitive contents.

now you are good to go