account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Z1 issues after 5.0 update

SOLVED
Message 371 of 399
Message 371 of 399

Re: Z1 issues after 5.0 update

@G1zm0 wrote:

are staff not going to provide a definitive date so the rest of us can start using our phones normally again?

I've had the exact same problem as you, with this battery problem since mid-May. It's gradually been getting worse as well - at one point the phone would reach about 72% before crashing the battery to zero. Then it went up to an average of 78%, then 86%, now I'm at 97% sometimes - if I use the phone for more than a few minutes without a backup battery or a charger it just depletes to zero or crashes on the spot and comes back on at 1%...it goes back to 100% within about fifteen minutes, but the problem will still persist and I've had up to four battery crashes in a single day now. Even with an external battery attached, I'm not really able to use data as the phone severely overheats and the backup is drained within less than ten minutes, then leaving the phone to crash.

I don't know if you've tried it but when the battery drops, have you tried doing a soft reset by pressing the small red button inside the SD card slot? You need a pen or a pin to press it, but if you hold it down whilst the phone is restarting it'll reset the device (not deleting anything) and sometimes it restores the battery to at least a usable level again (about 65% for me each time, if it works).

I've seen the 5.1 update is rolling out as we speak - not yet got it here in the UK. And I've not yet heard from people whether it resolves the battery issue. If it doesn't, my phone is getting sent off and I'll expect Sony to sort it out quickly.

Learner
Message 372 of 399
Message 372 of 399

there are still sudden batery drops (in my case fro 84% down to zero) on  5.1.1

Apprentice
Message 373 of 399
Message 373 of 399

Hi it's a hardware problem go to the sony support center or ask your provider operator for repair service

One time poster
Message 374 of 399
Message 374 of 399

I have encountered the same problem. Have you been able to resolve the issue

Rookie
Message 375 of 399
Message 375 of 399

Re: Issues after 5.1.1 update

I have the same problem as you. My battery does not work well it would be sometime be at 78 perecent battery then it would crash to zero percent. Once i put my charger on, the battery shows 91 percent ,can i pls have some advise on how to fix cause i never know what would happen to my battery or when it would crash to zero percent.

Message 376 of 399
Message 376 of 399

Yes. Ver much so. It's so annoying!
Highlighted
Message 377 of 399
Message 377 of 399

Do you have to pay for the repair?
Forum Legend
Message 378 of 399
Message 378 of 399

To repair software using PC Companion ? No , not at all. It's free

One time poster
Message 379 of 399
Message 379 of 399

Pleaae post solutions if you have any. Appreciate your kind help.
I also have problems in viewing contacts (as i see multiple contacts of the same person). Also calling from recently called numbers restarts my mobile after not responding for about 30 seconds
Learner
Message 380 of 399
Message 380 of 399

Re: Android 5.1.1 problems

Avoid installing all kinds of Android Lollipop upgrade system and the Z1 is a dead phone because Sony has not thoroughly prepared a nice upgrade, I installed on my Z1 and Lollipop was a nightmare fortunately can return it and release it at once to KitKat 4.4 .4. No update anything because Sony and is not properly addressing the Lollipop updates, the only thing that generates Z1 is that our phones are totally unstable or unusable to some extent. Bordering to buy other landlines latest Z? No thanks, I migrate another brand like Samsung or LG, Sony will be disappointed.