account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Z1 issues after 5.0 update

SOLVED
Highlighted
Visitor
Message 311 of 399
Message 311 of 399

3 main issues after android 5 update

Hello.

I have a Xperia Z1 c9603. After updating my device to android 5 I faced serious problems:

1.Battery drain super faster!!!

I used to work with my device when it was 4.4.4. Battery drain was normal. After a full charge it remaind at last 2 days with my normal usage (camera, Wifi, texting, calling). But now after a full charge battery drain is super faster. For example it drains from 100% to 80% within 25 minutes!!! And I should add that mu usage now is really really less than before. This 20% battery drain occured when I was using only Wifi and the only app that I was using was Instagram!!!

2.Device gets hot when I use it normally (texting, calling) and it gets super hot when I use Wifi

3.Laggy performance after update android version to 5.02. I didn't experince this laggy performance when its version was 4.4.4

Please help me to fix these problems and let me know to what to do for fixing them.

Thank you.

Talent
Message 312 of 399
Message 312 of 399

Re: 3 main issues after android 5 update

Hello Yazdankm.

Even I use the same phone as yours and faced similar issues after updating. These issues are yet to be fixed by another update, most likely lollipop 5.1 which will be released in few weeks by Sony. I would advice you to install a clean copy of lollipop 5.0.2, that is repairing your Z1 using PCC as i did. This will improve the performance and minimise the issues. Make sure to take a full backup of your content on phone as it will erase the internal memory completely.

One time poster
Message 313 of 399
Message 313 of 399

Xperia Z1 Battery drains quick

When I using kitkat phones battery is OK moderate usage it's works 23 hours but same usage in lollipop.. 270 its only 10 hours if this will fix on the new 5.1.1 release if not I plan to revert back to kitkat...
Forum Legend
Message 314 of 399
Message 314 of 399

Re: Xperia Z1 Battery drains quick

Did you do an upgrade or a clean fresh install either manually using a Flashtool or a system repair using Pc companion as you often find after an upgrade things don't feel right - If it was an upgrade then try performing a system repair

Performing a system repair using PC Companion will often fix issues - This will factory reset your phone and erase all data so best to backup before you begin

Switch off your phone and unplug from Pc (Hold volume up and power for around 10 seconds)
Start PC Companion and select Support zone then Update my phone/tablet then in Blue Repair my phone/tablet and follow the on screen instructions - When prompted connect your phone still switched off holding volume down or back button - This should start the repair or reformat process

If you are using Windows 8/8.1 or a 64bit operating system then adjust the settings for PC Companion and run in compatibility mode and chose Windows 7 or XP

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Visitor
Message 315 of 399
Message 315 of 399

Re: Z1 issues after 5.0 update

I am herewith replying on my own message from some time ago because I wanted to add that waiting one or more days after installing Android 5.02 indeed improved the situation up to almost normal although I still have problems to start up my Sony Xperia Z (C6603) related to charging the battery. However had similar problems before. It e.g. shows a green battery on black background indicating 100% but after trying to start up and a failure it shows 96% !!!!).

Still awaiting some feedback from Sony and/or Android on these problems and since I am not satified from my Vaio laptop and Sony TV either (no practical wireless connecting possible with laptop although both Sony and rather recent models) I now know I will not anymore buy Sony....

One time poster
Message 316 of 399
Message 316 of 399

Re: Camera lagging after update 5.0

I had the update about 2-3 of months ago on my Xperia Z1 and ever since as soon as my battery hits 97%  it overheats and drains completely Angry Face I followed the moderator instructions and did the PC fix. This has deleted everything from the phone and, even my SD card contents, meaning I had to set up my phone again as if it was new, which isn't a problem, it told me this would happen. What is a problem is that AFTER the PC fix I took ONE photograph and the 100% battery overheated and drained to zero Alert As there are now no apps except the built in ones that come readily installed on the phone,  that can not be to blame for the problems.

This repair fixes absolutely nothing at all. I have always opted for Sony branded tech, Camera's, Mobile Phones, TV etc...... this though will be the very last time I ever buy a Sony mobile. I am upgrading in 5 days and will not even entertain an xperia phone now. This has been a thorough let down. I would assume that a couple or 3 months would be more than enough time for an upgrade to 'settle' but seemingly not. I would and will be recommending people stay well clear of wasting money on any Xperia mobile, a lot of expense for a useless item Face with Steam from Nose

Spoiler

Regular
Message 317 of 399
Message 317 of 399

Used the Pc companion twice, doesn't work. And a load of bull that the system needs time to settle down. This product is causing problems in my personal life as people think I'm ignoring them. Can't answer calls without my wear device. Don't get all texts. The system is laggy with approx 5 seconds to home or app render. I will never buy Sony again. I have months to wait till I'm out of contract and until then I have to explain to people I might not get their texts or calls so to keep trying. Utterly unacceptable.
Visitor
Message 318 of 399
Message 318 of 399

Anyone else think it's poor that the only solution given is wait, or repair the phone (which will delete everything)? Surely this can't be the solution after a software update and if the update has caused it then they should be doing something to fix it. I too have been plagued with these problems since updating
Apprentice
Message 319 of 399
Message 319 of 399

Helly everyone. I too face the same problems that users described on the forum. Also I used the solutions that is provided in the 32 pages. Still those solutions like other didn´t helped. I don´t know I wan to call Sony for support if there is no solution provided. I feel like that we that Xperia z1 users are left out by sony. My contract expires soon why should go for next Xperia phone if there is no fix or a solution available. 

I charged my battery at 100 procent, within 10 min it says 92 procent and the it shuts down my phone completly. I feel so 

frustrated. I can use my phone like making calls, texting like whatsapp or FB-messenger also I can´t lisen to music and when I am playing music and browsing on the internet. It´s more like a death wish for my mobile Xperia z1. It drains so much battery that I have to charge it again. 

So Sony thank you!

Visitor
Message 320 of 399
Message 320 of 399

Lollipop update

Help my z1 is running very slow since update and gets very warm,also camera issues, sometimes won't take a photo.