account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Z1 issues after 5.0 update

SOLVED
Rookie
Message 261 of 399
Message 261 of 399

Re: Z1 issues after 5.0 update

A follow-up...

I ran the repair through PCC a second time and now the most immediate error I've noticed is that texts aren't being sent in some cases.

After the last repair, I had an issue where if I sent a text while there was no signal, then instead of it sending when the connection resumed, it would occasionally not send the text at all until the next time I reboot. This despite the Messaging app showing the texts had been sent.

Now, since the latest repair, this problem has not only continued but worsened. Now I've had dozens of texts not get sent, despite the app showing that they were. Also, rebooting no longer releases those unsent texts. They do eventually get sent, but when they're sent is random.

Visitor
Message 262 of 399
Message 262 of 399

Hello,

how about your problem with the battery draining really fast?  i have really the same problems as you!.

I also run a repair 2 times already and i dont see any changes. My Xperia heats up really fast even if i only use whatsapp, the battery drains up faster than it charges so its really annoying! 

I cant use my smartphone as much as  i did before because of it!  i cant take more than 2 pictures because the camera shuts down because it has to cool down.  This update really destroyed my smartphone!  i so regret upgrading it!

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 263 of 399
Message 263 of 399

Hello

I Have the same problems since i updated, i think we will have to wait for a new update, because none of the solutions presented here resolved most of the issues of some users.

Learner
Message 264 of 399
Message 264 of 399

I'm facing another problem except battery. My wifi can't turned off. I'm trying to terminate it by deleting all my saved connections but it still running at the background and searching... Does anyone have somethinh to suggest?? Or should i wait for the next update?
t51
One time poster
Message 265 of 399
Message 265 of 399

Xperia Z1 problems post updating to lollipop

hi i upgraded my xperia z1 to lollipop 5.0 and ever since whenever i try use it it goes nuts opening pages and shutting down what im on as if its possessed ( sometimes for upto 30secs) , it seem to get hot as well , i have tried wiping it and reloading everything but no joy ,also tried rebooting it (still does it even in safe mode)  its 2yrs old in october and had no problems till now , added avg and did scan and nothing was found , please help someone as its nearly been thrown against something hard a few times cheers j

Forum Legend
Message 266 of 399
Message 266 of 399

Re: Xperia Z1 problems post updating to lollipop

Hi

I've modified the title a little bit. It's more appropriate now.

I'd advise you to go with software repair. A software reinstall in your phone will help improve performance and free up glitches.

Remember to backup your phone's data before proceeding.

Update / Repair your phone via PC Companion

Download PC Companion and install it. Do not connect your phone until you're asked to do so.

Launch PC Companion > Start Support zone > Start Phone/ Tablet Software update > select Repair my Phone / Tablet > Follow the on-screen instructions it shows.

Message 267 of 399
Message 267 of 399

This kind of topics can be found all over the forum,please take a look and do not create others. 

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Talent
Message 268 of 399
Message 268 of 399

Goto wifi settings, select advanced wifi settings, turn off scanning always available. This should resolve your issue.

One time poster
Message 269 of 399
Message 269 of 399

@Pito wrote:

Hello,

how about your problem with the battery draining really fast?  i have really the same problems as you!.

I also run a repair 2 times already and i dont see any changes. My Xperia heats up really fast even if i only use whatsapp, the battery drains up faster than it charges so its really annoying! 

I cant use my smartphone as much as  i did before because of it!  i cant take more than 2 pictures because the camera shuts down because it has to cool down.  This update really destroyed my smartphone!  i so regret upgrading it!

I feel exactly the same! I used to love my phone, I don't feel the same anymore.

Rookie
Message 270 of 399
Message 270 of 399

Nabeel - Your advice has already been provided by others. What is at issue is that I and others have already followed these steps and it has not resolved the problem. In fact, after now running the repair for a third time, the behavior is even worse.

Now, any time I send a MMS when there is no signal - even if signal is lost only for a moment - then the MMS will not be sent. It just perpetually shows as "Sending".

I still have sudden shut-downs, where the battery drops from 30-50% down to 0% in an instant.

Thanks.

**edit**

Something I forgot to mention: I've always kept the phone in Stamina mode, but after the last repair I forgot to enable it. The battery had much longer life to it, so at first I wondered whether the repair might have worked. Then I enabled Stamina mode, and the battery began to drain at the same fast pace I've come to expect. I now keep Stamina mode disabled.