account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Z1 issues after 5.0 update

SOLVED
Emperor
Message 231 of 399
Message 231 of 399

Re: Z1 issues after 5.0 update

@juanjro

This is an English only forum

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Emperor
Message 232 of 399
Message 232 of 399

@iansabout87

reinstal lollipop with PCC

PC Companion (PCC)

Bridge (for Mac)

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 233 of 399
Message 233 of 399

Battery drain and overheating after update

I. Am using a sony xperia z1s phone and am having problems with the device since I updated it to lollipop 5.0.2 the phone is overheating and draining battery significantly it also keep stuck in its own moment at time pause. I don't know if the update will automatically get adjustable to the system but I think it should not have being a big issue in this advanced world especially battery problem. I like the looks of the new update but overheating and draining battery. is very annoying also I think Kitkat is was a good update it was effective and punctual to me. And a other issues is the walkman the sound degrade since lollipop update 4.4.4 is more effective and loud with options. Please sony am fans of your product try to come up better update.

Forum Legend
Message 234 of 399
Message 234 of 399

Re: Battery drain and overheating after update

Hi,

If you have recently updated the phones software, it can take up to a week before the phone settles to its normal battery usage. After a software update, the system is adjusting itself in the background which can cause the battery to drain a bit more than normal.

When you say that the phone is overheating, do you get a message that says that the phone will power of due to overheating? Or is the phone just getting warmer than normal?

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 235 of 399
Message 235 of 399

battery discharge

My z1 battery discharge very fast, does any one having same problem, please tell what can i do. please anybody tell how much time your phone run after full charge..
Forum Legend
Message 236 of 399
Message 236 of 399

Re: battery discharge

Try performing a system repair using PC Companion as this will often fix issues - This will factory reset your phone and erase all data so best to backup before you begin

Switch off your phone and unplug from Pc (Hold volume up and power for around 10 seconds)
Start PC Companion and select Support zone then Update my phone/tablet then in Blue Repair my phone/tablet and follow the on screen instructions - When prompted connect your phone still switched off holding volume down or back button - This should start the repair or reformat process

If you are using Windows 8/8.1 or a 64bit operating system then adjust the settings for PC Companion and run in compatibility mode and chose Windows 7 or XP

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Learner
Message 237 of 399
Message 237 of 399

WIFI issue. Wifi stops working, it doesn't shows any network available, turning off and on wifi remains the same, the only way to fix it is reboot at least once a day, Stamina is turned off, I upgrade it using PCC, any idea?

One time poster
Message 238 of 399
Message 238 of 399

Re: Battery drain and overheating after update

Yeeah I've had the lollipop for about a week now...it was fine for the first week - now the battery lasts approx 5-6 hours.

Woke up this morning and it was flat (was 70% when I went to bed).

After a full charge this morning, 76% left [b]one hour[/b] after charging. This is with zero phone use - haven't started any other apps, all power consumption is Android OS etc...the display hadn't even been on at this stage, yet the phone had been 'awake' since taken off charger.

Seems like a software issue?

One time poster
Message 239 of 399
Message 239 of 399

Since getting the Lollipop Update i am facing a calling problem where the other side cannot hear my voice properly. There is no issue with the mic cause when i use the voice recorder it works perfectly but during call the other party can't understand a word of what i say.

As stated in an older thread i reinstalled the update using the PC companion and it worked alright for 2 days after that. But the problem has resurfaced.

The sony service centres here in India are not taking my phone for repair saying that it has been purchased outside India and they cant repair the model C6903.

Please tell me what to do as without the call feature the phone has become almost useless.

Highlighted
Message 240 of 399
Message 240 of 399

Ok..after browsing. Im not gonna update still. Oh soby,pls fix these...pls. πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™