account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Z1 internal storage problem with lollipop

SOLVED
Adept
Message 11 of 14
Message 11 of 14

Re: Z1 internal storage problem with lollipop

@uliwooly
Finally I found the solution: 😎
Data of Sony gallery apps like album,etc and a android app "Media Storage" cause this confliction. And also some app data in "android" folder is added.
I clear all of that data and uninstall update the gallery apps, then update. After all and before updating restart and enjoy!! 😊

I also have this problem in my new phone; Sony Xperia Z3 Dual, and the solution is the same.😊😉😎

Thanks a lot @uliwooly💐
Adept
Message 12 of 14
Message 12 of 14

My rank is kidding me "Apprentice" 😀
I fix many software issues till now in about 50 type of Android phones (Sony, Samsung, HTC, LG,...). I prove it dear forum (that message and rank me)

Thanks Sony 😎
You are my best brand in the world!
One time poster
Message 13 of 14
Message 13 of 14

Sopra to bother you,con explain me which app i must selettiva?
You said :And also some app data in "android" folder is added." what i must do?what app are you talking about?

You also write :
I clear all of that data and uninstall update the gallery apps, then update. After all and before updating restart and enjoy!
I dont understand what to do,please, help me...
Thx
Highlighted
Adept
Message 14 of 14
Message 14 of 14

@Raknarod
If u can see ur media files with file manager do these steps:
1.Backup ur media apps(apk files) via "app backup and restore "
A. Media apps like: Picasa, playerpro, mx player and any app that play or show photo, music, movie.
B. First clear all data of those apps (go to settings\apps) then uninstall them.
Go to C and D steps if needed:
C. Delete it's appropriate folders of those apps in root of internal or SD card memory.
D. Go to this folder in internal and external memory: Android\ Data and then: Delete it's appropriate folders of those apps in this folder.
Note that folders of "Android\Data" often start with "com." string like "com.picsart.studio".

2. According to ur Sony gallery apps on ur device: Gallery or Album / Walkman or Music / Video or Movie
A. Clear data of those three apps I said.
B. Uninstall updates of those three apps I said.

3. Go to settings /apps. In "All" tab, find App named: Media Storage ". And then Clear it's data.(Tap on Clear Data)

4. Close all recent apps by slide left or right their windows.

5. Turn off, then turn on the device.(don't restart)

Check ur gallery or Music! Ur media files of internal memory is back. 😎

6. Update ur Sony apps with Google play and restore ur backed up apk files.

And finally enjoy!
Ur device is fixed 😊