account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Z1/Z1s 4.4.2 update issues

Emperor
Message 10 of 1,156
Message 10 of 1,156

Re: Z1 speaker problem android 4.4.2

That's quite odd, do you have a third party notification app? 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Enthusiast
Message 11 of 1,156
Message 11 of 1,156

Re: 4.4 update does not allow to transfer files, media and contacts from SD to internal and vice ver

Are you using file commander since xda mentioned that it works since its a stock default
Emperor
Message 12 of 1,156
Message 12 of 1,156

Re: 4.4 update does not allow to transfer files, media and contacts from SD to internal and vice ver

I did, I'll keep testing it 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Emperor
Message 13 of 1,156
Message 13 of 1,156

http://www.xperiablog.net/2014/03/20/before-upgrading-to-kitkat-be-wary-of-sd-card-restrictions/

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 14 of 1,156
Message 14 of 1,156

Yes please, i read that thread and i got confused about the information between xda and here. Im planning to update my phone tonight
Adviser
Message 15 of 1,156
Message 15 of 1,156

So in kitkat i cant transfer movies and pictures through ASTRO to my sdcard?
Enthusiast
Message 16 of 1,156
Message 16 of 1,156

Re: android 4.4 overheat z1

Well ULIWOOLY, for you that might work, but i had the update. The phone overheated very quickley, camera was useless, and my pc is not sufficient for power supply anymore. Did a couple off restarts. Did a clean install, even repair with SUS and all.

But it is still a no go, i read about the overheating issue on various forums. So i think it is not just a restart thingy.

And for the record, i do not have any app's like screensavers or other apps which run in the background other than the standard ones that are preinstalled on the phone.

Enthusiast
Message 17 of 1,156
Message 17 of 1,156

Re: Z1 speaker problem android 4.4.2

I have this problem too. After restarting phone it is OK. But after call all sound goes through earphone except WALKMAN app, Movies app and other videos and sometimes it switches to main speaker but for few seconds. In some games back button or menu button helps but it is only for that game I am playing in that moment. When I restart the same game sound goes back to earphone. After restarting the phone everything is back to normal but after call problem goes back.

Is there some solution or it is bug? Factory resset didn't help. On Android 4.3 everything was fine.

Message 18 of 1,156
Message 18 of 1,156

Android 4.4 Contacts Problem?

Hi all, I updated my Z1 to 4.4 and everything seems to be working fine except...

My contacts lose their "contacts" picture when I view the whole list.

It doesn't happen to all my contacts, but most of my contacts. The contact photo is replaced by an image of a SIM card. When I click the individual contact, the correct contact photo is there.

This only happens when I view my contacts as a list.

The problem goes away when I do a reboot, but it only comes back after a few minutes. It's so irritating!

Anybody knows how to solve this?

Commissioner
Message 19 of 1,156
Message 19 of 1,156

BUGS IN 4.4.2 UPDATE

Please report about all the BUGS you are experiencing in 4.4.2 Update for Xperia Z1