account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Z1/Z1s 4.4.2 update issues

Message 107 of 1,156
Message 107 of 1,156

Z1/Z1s 4.4.2 update issues

4.4.2 problems topic,all those I can find will be moved here.

Please keep all the discussion here,do not create any more topics.

1.Overheating easily(also in the camera app)

2.Speaker sets on low/loud alternatively

3.Quick battery drain

4.Overall lag in the UI

5.Empty call list

6.Calls ring in earpiece instead of loudspeaker

7.The tethering icon remain for several minutes after its switch off

8.Walkman app: it can't download the album info on FLAC files

9.A side from lag after exiting an app, the background/wallpaper disappear for brief moments

10.GPS takes longer to pinpoint the location 

11.Screen flickering

12.Alarm clock

13.Camera app freeze

Those crossed have been fixed by .757 update.If you think that others should be crossed or uncrossed,post in this topic or PM me.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

1,155 REPLIES 1,155
sao
One time poster
Message 1 of 1,156
Message 1 of 1,156

android 4.4 overheat z1

i was update  this mornig and my xperia z1 and this is really oveheat and can{t use the camera for this problem  

and sorry but my english is bad 

Message 2 of 1,156
Message 2 of 1,156

Re: android 4.4 overheat z1

Are you using battery savers?If you updated recently,it might take some time to settle.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Regular
Message 3 of 1,156
Message 3 of 1,156

Z1 speaker problem android 4.4.2

I have a problem with the speaker after updated(14.3.A.0.681). Sometime the volume loud normally sometime it gone very low. I hardly hear the ringtone of incoming calls. Any suggestion, please?
One time poster
Message 4 of 1,156
Message 4 of 1,156

Hey guys,

Just updated to Kitkat and my camera is overheating too.

This has never been an issue in the past.

Also, can we go back to the blinds unlock animation....I don't want sparkles!

Thanks

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 5 of 1,156
Message 5 of 1,156

4.4 update does not allow to transfer files, media and contacts from SD to internal and vice versa

Hi,

Just wanted to ask if its still possible to move files like .vcf files, pictures from other apps, downloaded photos from SD to internal and vice versa. Since what i have read is that SD access is screwed in kitkat. Thanks
Emperor
Message 6 of 1,156
Message 6 of 1,156

Re: 4.4 update does not allow to transfer files, media and contacts from SD to internal and vice ver

I was not able to do so 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Emperor
Message 7 of 1,156
Message 7 of 1,156

Re: Z1 speaker problem android 4.4.2

Make sure that Xloud its on 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Emperor
Message 8 of 1,156
Message 8 of 1,156

Just updated my Xperia Z1 to 4.4, just like any other update its normal, force restart your phone (press and hold power & volume up for 5 seconds) > turn it back on > let it sit for few minutes, it will work just fine

Regular
Message 9 of 1,156
Message 9 of 1,156

Re: Z1 speaker problem android 4.4.2

Thank you Uliwooly, Xlound is already on. But my problem happen sometime when I have incoming call I did't hear the ringtone.