account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Z1 - Alarm clock not working! Sony Wake Up!

Learner
Message 1 of 27
Message 1 of 27

Z1 - Alarm clock not working! Sony Wake Up!

Setting the alarm 1 Hr ahead then OK it rings.
Setting alarm to the next morning, NO the phone just won't ring!
Have tried the last days, but phone does not Wake up!
When I push the start button it rings after a few minutes.
However, it also happens that the phone makes a fresh start?
I cannot trust the phone, I need the wake up, now it's me who need to wake the Z1.
Yes, all updates done, Android 4.2,2
Have also tried to switch off Stamina, but no luck.
26 REPLIES 26
Master
Message 2 of 27
Message 2 of 27

Re: Z1 - Alarm clock not working! Sony Wake Up!

I'm not able to reproduce the problem you are experiencing. First of all I would suggest that you clear data for the clock application. Go to settings > apps > all > clock > clear data > restart the phone and try again. 

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Learner
Message 3 of 27
Message 3 of 27

In order to reproduce you need to set the alarm for the next morning (8 hrs).
Master
Message 4 of 27
Message 4 of 27

I'm also using my phone (Z1) as alarm every morning and haven't experience this issue. Tested on a couple of other as well without reproducing your problem. Have you tried to clear data for the clock application? Did it help or does the problem persists? 

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Apprentice
Message 5 of 27
Message 5 of 27

It is unbelievable, I also have the same issue after last update.
WJ
One time poster
Message 6 of 27
Message 6 of 27

Having the same problem...

Can't pinpoint exactly what the causes are. Been working perfectly until the last couple of weeks.

When I look through the Apps list, there are the "clock" and "clocks" Apps... Wondering if this could be the cause? Find it unusual to have two similar Apps....

Sony Xperia Support
Message 7 of 27
Message 7 of 27

Have you installed any task manager/killer in the phone? If so, try removing that and see if it helps.
If you don't have any task manager, try this in safe mode to make sure the problem is not caused by an app you've installed. See this thread for information on safe mode: http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/How-to-boot-your-phone-into-safe-mode/m-p/348008.
It's normal to have both Clock and Clocks. I think Clocks is the widget.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 8 of 27
Message 8 of 27

I was also wondering if this was just me sleeping through, but I'm afraid that this seem to be happening to me also. I've updated to the newest 4.3, cleared the app data, checked the volumes, reset the phone but still the alarm goes off some days & not others. Which is a shame on yet an otherwise faultless phone.
Visitor
Message 9 of 27
Message 9 of 27

Hi I am experiencing same issue of late. I installed 3rd party apps like 'sleep as android'  and 'alarm extreme'  but they won't ring the next morning! Please confirm if its a bug,  my Android is updated to latest build 14.2.A.1.136

I do have 'clean master'  installed for memory cleanup. But  it was there in my previous 'galaxy note'  as well. And all worked perfectly for past 2 years. 

Visitor
Message 10 of 27
Message 10 of 27

I also have this problem. I find I put the phone on silent with the option in the alarm settings to raise the volume when alarming. It doesn't. It vibrates but no sound. I've reset everything and it persists.
Luckily I'll wake to the vibrating. Sometimes it works.
It is an issue and needs a fix.