account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia z1 overheating

SOLVED
Highlighted
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Xperia z1 overheating

After 5.1.1 my phone is overheating badly even when I am not using it, it gets hot and the battery is also draining very fast I went from 1 charge a day to 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
One time poster
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Xperia z1 overheating

Hi,

that happen to me also and I send my phone to the support. they fix both problems I recovered an battery life time around 2 days of intense use.regarding the heating it is a lot less than before (I have reach 74°C CPU temp!) but still high.

Unfortunatly the support doen't fix all the problem (such as the network and data connexions).

My advice, if it is still under warranty (in european country automaticaly 2 years, by law) send it back.

Good Luck

5 REPLIES 5
One time poster
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Hi,

that happen to me also and I send my phone to the support. they fix both problems I recovered an battery life time around 2 days of intense use.regarding the heating it is a lot less than before (I have reach 74°C CPU temp!) but still high.

Unfortunatly the support doen't fix all the problem (such as the network and data connexions).

My advice, if it is still under warranty (in european country automaticaly 2 years, by law) send it back.

Good Luck

Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Guys I have a question.

First my phone is old about 2 years and 9 months and it is hard time to change battery now.

Sony Xperia z1 c6903.

I searced and found some batteries but what is your opinion on that and tell me if you know difference between this two batteries and which one is better to buy?

Thanks.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/100-Genuine-internal-battery-replacement-3000mah-for-Sony-Xperia-Z1-Smartpho...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3000mAh-Genuine-replacement-internal-Li-ion-battery-charger-for-SONY-Xperia-...?

Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

My Z1 overheats, but not that as much heat as it is. I used it for playing, and when I stayed the phone on idle mode (in short, not using it), I still have the same battery percentage. It still depends on the user, and the capacity of the phone usage.

Visitor
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Hi Carly,

Try clearing the cache, since you've just updated. From anywhere on the screen, press and hold the Power button and Volume Up button for about 7-10 seconds until you feel or hear 3 consecutive beeps. Then power the phone back up and monitor if it'll still persist on over-heating.

Visitor
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Now same problem happen on my Sony Xperia C6903. It makes more heat and can't able to run phone properly. Hard to run any application. Please fix it properly.