account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Xperia z1 5.1 update issue help !

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 1 of 11
Message 1 of 11

Xperia z1 5.1 update issue help !

Finaly i got the 5.1 on my xperia z1 and after the download of the new software: stock at the begining of the update progres !
The Phone is stil ok but the update is stuck ... Rebbot stoping the prosses nothing helps ...
24h later noting ...
Thanks sony ...
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Message 2 of 11
Message 2 of 11

Re: Xperia z1 5.1 update issue help !

See if this helps:

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Software-Updates/5-1-1-update-has-been-installing-since-yesterday/m-p...

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Message 2 of 11

See if this helps:

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Software-Updates/5-1-1-update-has-been-installing-since-yesterday/m-p...

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Rookie
Message 3 of 11
Message 3 of 11

Xperia system update z1

My phone has been trying to updating it's self since yesterday. It says installing nothing else. Does anyone know how to stop the update.

Emperor
Message 4 of 11
Message 4 of 11

Re: Xperia system update z1

@Fikret77

The update can't be installed by itself you have to approve it, are you trying to install it or just avoid getting the notification?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Genius
Message 5 of 11
Message 5 of 11

Hi @Fikret77

Please, tell us to which version of Android are you trying to update your device and if you are running this update via PC Companion (your device is connected to a computer) or OTA (you have been notified of the availability of an update on your device).

"We can have anything we want on life, if we just help others to found what they need” - Ebelsain Villegas
Rookie
Message 6 of 11
Message 6 of 11

I have approved it on my phone. It has started to install since yesterday.  it said it will take around 20 minutes and won't be able use the phone. I am connecting via WiFi for the download. 

Emperor
Message 7 of 11
Message 7 of 11

@Fikret77

Perhaps you don't have enough free internal storage or your connection gets disconneted or too slow

you could use PCC instead

PC Companion (PCC)

Bridge (for Mac)

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Rookie
Message 8 of 11
Message 8 of 11

I have memory and tried my networks Internet connection and trying WiFi at home. I will try it on pc.
Emperor
Message 9 of 11
Message 9 of 11

Keep us updated

Rookie
Message 10 of 11
Message 10 of 11

(You can try the following: settings-apps-all,scroll down to software update. Force stop and clear data for this app, restart your device.)
I tried this and now it's downloading....