account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia Z1s sudden battery drain

SOLVED
Highlighted
Message 11 of 24
Message 11 of 24

Re: Xperia Z1s sudden battery drain

Here in the link to the flashtool I used to unlock the device and perform the downgrade to kitkat.

http://www.flashtool.net/downloads.php

After discovering that the downgrade to kitkat did not fix the battery drain issue I used Sony PCC to reupdate the device to Lollipop.

Once the upgrade to Lollipop completed I rooted the device with Kingroot, verified it with Root Checker and immediately removed Sony and Google bloatware with System App Remover.

If the corporations who are responsible for the massive product failure aren't going to actually take responsibility and do the right thing by their customers they don't deserve any place on this device. I will continue to root and remove their bloatware from any and all devices I use in the future too. I will also continue to tell anyone I know of the experience I'm having with these corporations and advise everyone I know against purchasing one of their devices.
Message 12 of 24
Message 12 of 24

After the suggestion to contact Sony Local Support by one of the posters here yesterday I did just that and the response was very nonchalant.

I took screen shots of the chatc support orrespondence in its entirety for anyone wishing to see how Sony treats it's customer base.

To sum it up, he said "ordering the new battery should fix the issue correct?" I replied the least they could do is reimburse me for the battery and send me a voucher to have it replaced by a local repair shop. No reply from the support tech afterwards other than their prepackaged cookie cutter thank you for your blah blah blah. Overall, nothing was solved with support, just a waste of more of my time with Sony.
Message 13 of 24
Message 13 of 24

One other thing I forgot to mention. I also installed and used a battery calibrating app. It did not fix the battery drain issue either.
Emperor
Message 14 of 24
Message 14 of 24

@InsertNameHere

Stay away from those battery apps, they won't help at all, just get a new battery or get it inspected by your Local support

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 15 of 24
Message 15 of 24

Yeah I uninstalled the battery calibration app after I tried it and it didn't work.
Emperor
Message 16 of 24
Message 16 of 24

@InsertNameHere

There's no much to suggest here other than it has been posted 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 17 of 24
Message 17 of 24

When you suggest have it inspected by Local Support, what do you think Sony is going to discover that isn't already known? I'm being serious, what do you honestly think they will possibly conclude that isn't already known by thousands of customers? Plus, you know Sony isn't going to cover the costs of shipping and handling both ways and cover the costs of the inspection, and cover the costs of the repairs, even though they are the responsible party in this situation. So what would having Local Support inspect the device truly bring to the table in terms of benefit to the customer? Without costing me more money.
Emperor
Message 18 of 24
Message 18 of 24

@InsertNameHere

This is a user based forum, so there's not much what we, users, can suggest.

One time poster
Message 19 of 24
Message 19 of 24

Have the same issue and the similar experience of sudden battery drain that happened suddenly one day...
Message 20 of 24
Message 20 of 24

Do yourself a favor and get a real phone is all I can suggest at this point.  I got tired of the issues with my Sony and their lack of responsibility.  I ordered the Samsung S6 this past Saturday and eagerly awaiting it's arrival.  I've got my Sony in a gazilian pieces right now.  I ordered a new battery but unable to find out if it works properly because now I'm on my second screen replacement that isn't working.  I'm still waiting for Flash Tech to respond to me regarding their cheap LCD displays either having dead space in the entire middle of the LCD display or as with the most recent one I purchased from them, it doesn't work at all.  So between the piece of junk Xperia, the replacement battery after theirs blew up from the unwanted update, and now the second LCD display because the first one cracked, the replacement had dead space, now the second replacement doesn't light up, this phone has been more headaches and cost me more money than it's ever been worth since day one.

Lesson learned from this experience:

1.  Never purchase another Sony product until the day I die.

2.  Never order anything from Flash_tech on Amazon or Flash_tech on Ebay.