account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia Z1s sudden battery drain

SOLVED
Highlighted
Message 1 of 24
Message 1 of 24

Xperia Z1s sudden battery drain

As many have pointed out, I'm also experiencing sudden battery drains and shutdowns, specifically after the Lollipop update rolled out.

I have tried these steps in this order, same result no matter what I do...

Utilizing Stamina mode.

Wiping device clean and reinstalling software with Sony PCC.

Repairing software with Sony PCC.

Flashing a downgrade back to KitKat 4.4.4.

I thought the downgrade would work but apparently the damage done to the battery from the update is permanent.

Today, I ordered a new battery from China for $26.98 and I'm guessing it's probably some cheap knockoff that won't last very long if it works at all. But you know what? If it works at all it will be better than the current situation. I paid over $600 for a device that's ultimately rendered useless and more of a headache than an asset. What's worse, is no company will actually do the right thing and take responsibility to address the problem and make it right. Does anyone know of an actual phone manufacturer that manufacturers a phone that will actually work? It's insane that we as a people continue to give these corporations our money for products that work when we buy them, but within less than two years they are not worth the chewing gum stuck to the sole of our shoes.

I've had Samsung, it stopped working for no reason. Through research online, it's called Sudden Death Syndrome. What the blank is that?

Now here I am with Sony, battery is worthless. I keep it plugged in almost all the time now because if I try to do anything without it being plugged in it shuts down with no warning in the middle of tasks.

The only phone I've never had an issue with was the HTC Excalibur. I'm definitely going to go back to HTC after I squeeze a little more use from this Z1s so I don't feel like I got totally taken for a ride on this purchase.

If anyone has any suggestions that are actually beneficial instead of just tracking what apps use how much juice please respond. It's obvious this pandemic of battery damages are a direct result of the Lollipop update or a direct result of cheap manufacturing. Either way the least one of the corporations involved could offer is a new battery and a voucher to have it serviced somewhere locally.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Message 3 of 24
Message 3 of 24

Re: Xperia Z1s sudden battery drain

Sony won't touch it because the warranty is expired. Warranty expired before the Lollipop rollout.
23 REPLIES 23
Emperor
Message 2 of 24
Message 2 of 24

@InsertNameHere

Why haven't you contacted sony directly to get your phone inspected Local support ? Also, keep in mind that his is a user based forum, you have to contact Sony directly for any repairs, warranty, etc Local support

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 3 of 24
Message 3 of 24

Sony won't touch it because the warranty is expired. Warranty expired before the Lollipop rollout.
Message 4 of 24
Message 4 of 24

Plus I'm not about to give Sony more money to fix a phone that I already paid them more than it's obviously worth.
Emperor
Message 5 of 24
Message 5 of 24

Have you unlocked the bootloader? You should try a brand new battery

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 6 of 24
Message 6 of 24

Ordered new battery yesterday from China. $26.98 free shipping. Unlocked boot loader with flashtool before downgrading back to KitKat 4.4.4.

Last night I decided since the warranty is expired, the phone is just dead weight until I receive the new battery that may or may not address the issue, why not root the phone. So I went to work on rooting the phone, 15 minutes later my phone is rooted, then I commenced to ridding it of the useless wares I don't use and just take up space and are on my device even though I don't want them there. So out went Facebook, Twitter, social life, Google games, newsstand, plus, etc.

Fingers crossed the new battery solves the drain issue. Hoping the rooting, etc solves the unwanted ware updates that caused the damage in the first place.
Learner
Message 7 of 24
Message 7 of 24

I have the same problem on my Xperia Z1, with sudden batteri drain and shut downs.

My phone is now useless.

Sony, please find a way to fix the problem ?

One time poster
Message 8 of 24
Message 8 of 24

Is the fix working for you so far so good? I have the same phone and same battery problem you have. Please send me the link to unlocked boot loader (and instruction), the link to buy new battery in China. You can send it via PM.

Learner
Message 9 of 24
Message 9 of 24

Message 10 of 24
Message 10 of 24

The flashed downgrade did not fix the issue unfortunately.

I'm waiting for the battery to be delivered. The email from the vendor I purchased it from says 25-35 days.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/121446514327?ul_ref=http%3A%2F%2Frover.ebay.com%2Frover%2F0%2Fe11050.m43.l1123...