account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia Z1 frozen with blank screen and wont switch off or on

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 41 of 72
Message 41 of 72

Re: Xperia Z1 frozen with blank screen and wont switch off or on

Thanks. Your response saved my phone today Slightly smiling Face

One time poster
Message 42 of 72
Message 42 of 72

hi! good day... just want to ask what to do with my phone. this morning while surfing in the net my phone just hang and i cant turn it off . i try to press the on/off switch but it doesnt work. even trying to connect  my charger it didnt response anyway. what should i do? thanks Slightly smiling Face

One time poster
Message 43 of 72
Message 43 of 72

Thank Uhh So Much

One time poster
Message 44 of 72
Message 44 of 72

Slightly smiling Face

One time poster
Message 45 of 72
Message 45 of 72

i've tried with  power and vol up button several times but its not working at all,my phone is dead for 5 hours please help me

Forum Legend
Message 46 of 72
Message 46 of 72

Hello

Charge your phone for more than 10 hours and then try to switch it on by following the first post here.

Highlighted
Regular
Message 47 of 72
Message 47 of 72

You better restore you phn with pc companion.. But before connecting to pc companian pls restore it to factory setting as it may b a software glitch
Visitor
Message 48 of 72
Message 48 of 72

This happens to me at lease once a week. There are two options for me, I can reset the phone. I use the onscreen restart. I know this sounds counter-intuative, but the screen goes black however if I hold the power button I still get the shutdown dialog. After it starts restarting the screen does come back but it's too late, it's restarting.

The other option is to just wait. The screen comes back eventually. I don't know when but I press the power button and all is fine again. However a restart is quicker.

I do know when it's going to happen as the phone slows down like the CPU is busy, then it just blacks out like it doesn't have the resources to do screen.

One time poster
Message 49 of 72
Message 49 of 72

Hi guys I brought sony experia z1 before 9 months and if I charge 100% and after 30min if I use means mobile charge will go automatically 0% and it will stop automatically and shut down itself and I am full tired about this problem
Message 50 of 72
Message 50 of 72

Hi Andy 19,

I've experienced this same issue for months with no help from Sony on addressing it. If you read my post you'll see all the methods of troubleshooting I've tried so far and their results. I'm waiting for my new battery to arrive, should be another 4-6 weeks. Hopefully the new battery will solve the issue once and for all. I'll post on this forum what happens.