account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Xperia Z1 (C6903) Display Issue - Yellow Hue Tint

Learner
Message 51 of 151
Message 51 of 151

Re: annoying yellow hue tint, brightness of z1 is poor

i got mine last week but will be returning it tomorrow by mail because of that. compare to my xperia z the z1 had yellow all over the grey . i will wait until this is fixed before buying it. i just hope the place i got it from won't give me the bs that this is normal cause like i told them, i expect a 700 dollars phone to be better than my old xperia z. lets hope i get my refund back by the start of next week. everything else about the phone is perfect. i got the internation version that came with the dock and headphones. the phone feels amazing on the hand and if it wasn't for the display with the yelliow tint i would be a very happy costumer. but i won't take chances and end up in the end that it was a faulty unit but seeing how the international has no warranty i will be force to stick with it or pay to get it fix . 

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 52 of 151
Message 52 of 151

Re: annoying yellow hue tint, brightness of z1 is poor

Hi, I hope the problem gets fixed soon as there are many units that have this flaw. I'm really itching to buy the phone and replace my ZL. However becausr of this issue I really am having doubts..
Apprentice
Message 53 of 151
Message 53 of 151

yellow tint (very disappointing)

Hello

I bought a sony xperia z1 model c6903 and I notice it has a yellow tint. I searched more about this problem and I found out it is manufacturing issue. Now what should I do? will this be repaired by a software update or I have to replace my phone?

This is my first sony phone and I'm very disappointing about this problem..
Rookie
Message 54 of 151
Message 54 of 151

Re: yellow tint (very disappointing)

hi all

please some one tell me how to test my screen "yellow hue" .. 

regards

Enthusiast
Message 55 of 151
Message 55 of 151

Same here dude i facing the same issue as well....today i just went back to the place where i brought the phone and i request to checked with same model phone and tada~ also yellow hue tint but that one display at least better than mine....and i also checked with Xperia Z also....the display colour  from the Xperia Z looks alot nicer and the colour look clear....i also do some compare with the Xperia Z Ultra also yellow hue but more worst than mine....is it due to firmware problem?i am not sure as well so far sony haven really officially answer us most of the these problem,planing send to sony service centre...and btw battery drains quickly and get more hot than my previous phone(Xperia Z)

Enthusiast
Message 56 of 151
Message 56 of 151

Hmm use your previous phone to compare the color?especially if you have the other Sony phone that more easier...but i found that White color more easy to see the yellow hue problem cause that's i spot the different of course you can try by compare using same picture on both your phone to check if the color was correct or not,sorry not much able to helpNeutral Face

Rookie
Message 57 of 151
Message 57 of 151

Thanks Yong for your feedback, i think that baterry drain issue solved with last FW .G.2.257.

And for yellow hue tint issue we need an official test / answer for this problem.  

Enthusiast
Message 58 of 151
Message 58 of 151

Welcome~yes i notice the FW14.1.G.2.257(currently using) update indeed mention about improvement for the battery performance...but still drain quite fast but i understand also depending the user also..but still that was not really the big issue yet....main problem still is yellow hue problem....hope yours Z1 without this problem cause it feels weird as the color process feels not original at from the object! specially using camera shooting picture as you can notice the yellow hue also causing the color looks different from the actual object!

Enthusiast
Message 59 of 151
Message 59 of 151

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z1/Xperia-Z1-C6903-Display-Issue-Yellow-Hue-Tint/td-p/391521

you can refer this as well,same issue as we facing too. hope that helps

Learner
Message 60 of 151
Message 60 of 151

i send mine back to the seller and i'm asking for a full refund. i will get the phone once sony does something about it.