account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Xperia Z1 (C6903) Display Issue - Yellow Hue Tint

Enthusiast
Message 41 of 151
Message 41 of 151

Re: Xperia Z1 (C6903) Display Issue - Yellow Hue Tint

My Z1 doesn't look like that, it's as white as my iPhone 5.

Sony Xperia Z1
Learner
Message 42 of 151
Message 42 of 151

Re: Yellow DIM Display

Hi,

I have update my Z1 to 14.1.G.2.257 still there is yellowish tint on my display.Will sony provide new firmware update before Kitkat rollout..?

Commissioner
Message 43 of 151
Message 43 of 151

Honestly speaking if i was sony and i wanted to ensure my flagship was successful i would have to work overtime to make this happen...

that being said it took ages to get this latest firmware and it hasnt done too much... 

So meh? 

Don't forget to give Kudos and / or mark the correct answer.
Commissioner
Message 44 of 151
Message 44 of 151

Well here's what i need to say. When i test the Z1 at max brightness its just as good as my S2 Albeit the S2 has a blue tint while the Z1 looks warmer.

Compared to my laptop screen the white seems decent but when you lower the backlight the yellow tint is visible.

Harime... what is your z1's Serial number it should begin with BH and is on the box. 

Don't forget to give Kudos and / or mark the correct answer.
Apprentice
Message 45 of 151
Message 45 of 151

Same here.

After update to .257 the display still have an yellow hue.

pnd
Learner
Message 46 of 151
Message 46 of 151

Here is a possible solution for this problem (till Sony add white ballance in "display" settings) - download Filter Your Screen from Google Play to adjust the screen setting. Apply the filter, and white color will be much better.

For me setting sliders as it follows works great: Alpha: 10; Red: 5; Green: 0; Blue: 255

Talent
Message 47 of 151
Message 47 of 151

I have the same problem and I am not sure what I should do Slightly frowning Face

and surprisingly, I had this only when I updated to 14.1.G.2.257

I hope the next update will fix this!!

Veteran
Message 48 of 151
Message 48 of 151

I am wondering if this issue you have guys is somehow related to "leftover panels from Z to Z1" rumors... Slightly frowning Face 
Don't give up! Demand replacement until you will get defect-free device. You paid for it! 

Learner
Message 49 of 151
Message 49 of 151

Re: XPERIA Z1 screen yellow hue tint

my new z1 next to my old z

that yelllow its just bad  how is it that sony release this like this . i will ask for a replacement and hopefully the next will be good.

IMG_3796.JPG

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 50 of 151
Message 50 of 151

annoying yellow hue tint, brightness of z1 is poor

Hi, im planning to buy the z1 and just checked out some units at the mall. Im from PH and I'm planning to get 1 from an online store soon. However, i checked the units and most of them got the yellow hue issue at the bottom near the on screen buttons. Is this really a hardware defect or a faulty screen calibration?

I also set both my ZL and Z1 to max brightness and z1 screen produces low backlight so this would be a problem if under the sunlight.