account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Xperia Z1 (C6903) Display Issue - Yellow Hue Tint

Inhabitant
Message 3 of 151
Message 3 of 151

Xperia Z1 (C6903) Display Issue - Yellow Hue Tint

Just bought Xperia Z1 today and the display's colour reproduction is extremely yellowish and white does not appear as white at all. 

I have upgraded from Xperia Z and by side-by-side comparison with Z1(left) and Z (right) is attached as below:

Z1 vs Z screen comparison

Of course both screen are at the same setting; max brightness and auto brightness adjustment function off, and Z's white balance setting is left as default.

Sony marketed Triluminos Display that it is more bright and vivid, and the result above is complete opposite, so this must be an error in manufacturing or quality assurance, otherwise....it's far worse.

I have been a Sony fan for number of years and I admit that I still am, but this is the product I am unable to accept.

Will return this and request replacement tomorrow, and will keep you updated with how it goes.

Apparently there are number of other users reporting the same problem and there was similar issues with Xperia S not long ago.

150 REPLIES 150
Visitor
Message 1 of 151
Message 1 of 151

XPERIA Z1 screen yellow hue tint

Sony India, I bought Xperia Z1 from Sangeeta mobile store on 20th Sep in Bangalore, Forum value mall. I also Have Xperia S, Xperia TX, I compare the same video with Xperia TX. The videos with white backgrounds is far better in TX compared to Z1. my Z1 is having yellow hue tint issue. What is the solution for this issue?? . I AM NOT ABLE TO POST ABOUT THIS ISSUE IN "SONY MOBILE IN" FACEBOOK SITE Y?? . SONY BLOCKED ME TO PUT COMMENTS/REVIEWS ABOUT THE 
Z1. I HAD A BAD EXPERIENCE WITH XPERIA S, BUT STILL BEING LOYAL TO SONY , SONY MADE ME FEEL SAD AGAIN. I NEED A RESOLUTION FOR THIS ISSUE ASAP. XPERIA Z1 Serial NO : BH901EPX09

Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 151
Message 2 of 151

Re: XPERIA Z1 screen yellow hue tint

First try adjusting the backlight in the phone under Settings -> Display and also try turning on/off X-Reality for mobile and look at a picture or video to see which mode you prefer.

If you still think that the display is yellow i recommend that you contact your local Sony Xperia support (http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/) or a service location for further investigation and assistance.

I can unfortunately not see why you're unable to post on your local Facebook page. I recommend that you try sending them a PM.

A friendly tip, when you write with caps lock it only makes your text hard to read and it might offend some people.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Emperor
Message 4 of 151
Message 4 of 151

Re: Xperia Z1 (C6903) Display Issue - Yellow Hue Tint

That does not look good at all

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
Message 5 of 151
Message 5 of 151

I have a C6902 with the same problem. Took it to the service center. They compared it with another Z1 and it had the same issue. I was told this is normal. Slightly frowning Face would really appreciate it if Sony looked into this and gave us an official statement on the Z1 display. A lot of people over at xda are experiencing the same thing.

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 6 of 151
Message 6 of 151

Thats not how Z1 display should be. With Triluminos Tech, display should look gorgeous. I think you should surely visit Service Center.

Walking in Water with Xperia. Happy to have KUDOS:smileysmileythumbsup: if I was helpful.

Visitor
Message 7 of 151
Message 7 of 151

Check it out this picture from the Verge seems to have captured the problem as well. Look at the Z1 on the extreme left.Pic from the Verge Review

Rookie
Message 8 of 151
Message 8 of 151

i have the same problem here.. i hope sony will fix this!

Inhabitant
Message 9 of 151
Message 9 of 151

Sony support replied quickly (8 hours during night time) and suggested that this phone may require servicing and asked to contact service centre.

Things are getting worse, though. 

When the display is turned off, the screen is not completely off, but the backlight is still on making the screen grey.

And now it keeps shutting down and restarting by itself.

I am hoping to receive replacement straightaway as I am going overseas next week.

Thank you for all replies, l'll keep posting the updates, and will appreciate if you could also share yours.

Learner
Message 10 of 151
Message 10 of 151

just contacted my sony store because I also have this issue. 

here for example is a ongoing discussion regarding this problem:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2462767&page=2

and

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2445283&page=25

and

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2442047&page=42