account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Xperia Z1 ADP

SOLVED
Inhabitant
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

Xperia Z1 ADP

Hello I have been using sony phone since six years w910i,xpeira ray ,Arc s ,xperia s,and now finally on1-march-2014 i bought Xperia z1 I was really excited to have that phone in my hands sadly that did not last long . One day I found my charger cap was lying Disconnected from my phone I was worried and i took it to my nearest service centre in Guntur . The service centre guy told me that the cap which is disconnected can be connected and it is just a ball and socket type . I was however not satisfied and asked him to claim for ADP. He on the job sheet mentioned that the charger cap was missing rather than mentioning that it was just disconnected. I had an hour fight with him and he said it was going to be alright and He also added that it was that that there would be same treatment If he wrote cap missing or cap disconnected . My ADP was Rejected and he jus connected the old charger cap( which he mentioned missing in job sheet) . I travel lot of places,my business insists me to do so .On 31-july-2014 my phone's touchscreen was broken while I was taking a call it slipped from my hands . I was at Kumbakonam for a trip of 15days so on 02-aug-2014 I went to sony service centre in kumbakonam which was maintained by one person for all jobs and i requested for ADP . The problem is that It got rejected again as the service centre guy who works there did not send clear pics if the damaged phone . It was around 10th aug when I came to know that it got rejected. I had to leave to Hyderabad as my grandfather was not feeling well. So i took the phone from Kumbakonam and went to hyd and after everything went normal on 20th of aug i went to Service centre in Ameerpet Hyderabad and now today i.e. 28th aug my ADP was once again rejected and the reason is unknown by service center,call center. They asked me to wait for another Two days to tell me the reason but my ADP warrenty will get over in two days . They can't place a request for ADP after two days. Is this the reason why they are not telling the reason ? Are they doing this just to avoid ADP ? please help me 
MY Job Number :W114082006485

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

Re: Xperia Z1 ADP

I don't know why but i can only find one record of you calling them and that was in March this year.

I did find the terms of the ADP you're talking about on www.sony.co.in and one of the terms says the following:
9. This Accidental damage cover does not/shall not cover any physical damage in the main product like cracking ,scratching or chipping, fractures, burn, Color peel-off, minor cosmetic damages , breakage of Housing , key pad damage , connecting ports damage (USB , charging , headphone etc..) and memory card / SIM card slot damage. The decision of Sony will be final in this regard.

So perhaps the crack you have is not covered by this warranty? We only have the standard warranty here in Sweden so i don't have any further information about this special warranty. I recommend that you send an email to questions.in@support.sonymobile.com to see if it should be covered or not. If it's covered they should assist you.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

7 REPLIES 7
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Hi and welcome to the community! Since you're new please be sure that you have checked out our Discussion guidelines.

Sorry to hear about your phone Slightly frowning Face

The ADP is not something that we have on global level or in my market so i'm afraid i'm not sure how it works and what it covers. For information and assistance i recommend that you contact your local support team as this is a warranty that's specific for your country.

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Inhabitant
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

Hello Rickard, I've done that but it is like a loop whenever I call the service centre they don't have proper record of my phone and they ask me to contact service centre . The the people in service centre are not bothered to answer me they keep on asking me to call after one hour or two and this process has gone like a loop. They are least bothered of the time I have and i guess my phone will not be replaced in ADP. All because of the service centre people and thier low ability to handle a task. I guess you can understand who went wrong everytime I gave my phone to service centre. I believed them blindly and now I regret it badly . thanks for the reply  Rickard

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

Sorry to hear that but have you tried contacting your local Sony Xperia support about this? I can't find any record of you being in contact with them about this. I only see two emails from you regarding service status 3 weeks ago. Please send them an email or call them.

Inhabitant
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

hello Rickard , I have called local service centre two times today. They are telling me same reason that my phone ADP got rejected and they also do not know why it got rejected and they have asked me to wait for two days but my warrenty expires in 2 days .  
Thankyou Rickard 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

I don't know why but i can only find one record of you calling them and that was in March this year.

I did find the terms of the ADP you're talking about on www.sony.co.in and one of the terms says the following:
9. This Accidental damage cover does not/shall not cover any physical damage in the main product like cracking ,scratching or chipping, fractures, burn, Color peel-off, minor cosmetic damages , breakage of Housing , key pad damage , connecting ports damage (USB , charging , headphone etc..) and memory card / SIM card slot damage. The decision of Sony will be final in this regard.

So perhaps the crack you have is not covered by this warranty? We only have the standard warranty here in Sweden so i don't have any further information about this special warranty. I recommend that you send an email to questions.in@support.sonymobile.com to see if it should be covered or not. If it's covered they should assist you.

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

Yes I was misguided at the first place when now I think there is very less to do than just get a new phone. But in my opinion service centre has no adequate knowledge(In my case) but I'm disappointed by this service .
Thanks a lot for giving me correct info Rickard I've tried calling service centre they give me the same message I'm fed up and now I'm planning for a new phone. Face with Thermometer

Inhabitant
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

@Rickard wrote:

This is not standard Warrenty .This is called Accidental cover Proctection Which is given with standard warranty which covers Physical Damage except water damage . It is given in india by Protect secure