account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

WPA2 Enterprise WiFi

SOLVED
Adept
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

WPA2 Enterprise WiFi

Hi,

Can you advise how do I get WPA2 Enterprise WiFi Security option? I can't see it in security drop down box in Add network dialog box.

According to the Z1 whitepaper on page 13, it is supported.

http://dl-developer.sonymobile.com/documentation/whitepapers/Xperia_Z1_LTE_C6903_WP_3.pdf

Cheers,

Andy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: WPA2 Enterprise WiFi

This is called 802.1x EAP in the phone. When you add a network you should be able to select this as mode for "Security".

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

4 REPLIES 4
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

This is called 802.1x EAP in the phone. When you add a network you should be able to select this as mode for "Security".

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Adept
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Hi Rickard,

Which option should I specify in EAP method and Phase 2 authentication?

In iPhone, I only need to select WPA2 Enterprise as my security to connect.

Cheers,

Andy.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

That depends on the settings in the network you're trying to connect to. You need to check with the administrator of that network.

Highlighted
Adept
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Thanks, Rickard. It is a pain that we need to figure out the different combinations as we don't need to do so with iPhone.

Anyway, I got it to work.

Thanks again.