account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Very slow Charge time

Enthusiast
Message 1 of 24
Message 1 of 24

Very slow Charge time

Hi everyone! I just got my Z1 last week and I noticed that the charge time was way slow compared to the other smartphones that I had its take almost 8-10hrs to charge full from a dead flat battery... is this normal??? Ive seen a couple of complains about it on the net seems like a fault...

23 REPLIES 23
Emperor
Message 2 of 24
Message 2 of 24

Re: Very slow Charge time

Is this through a wall charger or a computer, if the later, that's normal, it will take quite a bit 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 24
Message 3 of 24

computer will try it on a wall now and see if its better, i still find it wierd though that when i computer charge my lumia800 it only takes 2-3 hours for it to fully charge thanks for the suggestion though will try now and report back asap

Commissioner
Message 4 of 24
Message 4 of 24

Charging though USB port of PC is dependent on Power Output, The Current output of Z1 Charger is 1.5A while USB port of PC gives only 0.5A current output. Thats the reason for slow charging. 

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 24
Message 5 of 24

@MUSHARAB wrote:

Charging though USB port of PC is dependent on Power Output, The Current output of Z1 Charger is 1.5A while USB port of PC gives only 0.5A current output. Thats the reason for slow charging. 

thanks for the input bought myself a 2A usb wall charger!

Visitor
Message 6 of 24
Message 6 of 24

Xperia Z1 battery charge time

I'm having problems with my phone is taking 8 hours to charge I have tried differant chargers and leads but it doesn't seem to make a differance has anyone come across this issue?

Emperor
Message 7 of 24
Message 7 of 24

Re: Xperia Z1 battery charge time

Is this through a wall charger or a computer? are you using the Sony's usb cable ? 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Adept
Message 8 of 24
Message 8 of 24

I'm using the iPad 12W charger, it still takes 3 hours. Perhaps this is due to the large battery in Z1.

Rookie
Message 9 of 24
Message 9 of 24

Can we use 2 amp charger for z1 instead of 1.5 amp provided by the company ?
Emperor
Message 10 of 24
Message 10 of 24

This thread should answer the question

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-S-SL-acro-S/Maximum-charge-rate/td-p/176269