account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Update failed, phone doesn't start

Message 11 of 28
Message 11 of 28

Re: Update failed, phone doesn't start

Thanks! I think I have found the solution!!! 

Update your Socy Bridge (Mac) software to V 3.5

Try and run the Repair Phone update again. It'll work. Slightly smiling Face

Visitor
Message 12 of 28
Message 12 of 28

Hi Im encountering the same problem and I am using the PC companion for windows
I tried using the SUS but I am unable to connect my phone even though I waited for 30 after aking sure its shut down before connecting to he USB cable while holding down the vol - button
pls help and thanks

Sony Xperia Support
Message 13 of 28
Message 13 of 28

If the earlier suggestions in this thread doesn't help, also try this on another computer and see if you are able to make a repair of the phones software.

If you're not able to repair the phones software using either PCC or SUS on another computer i recommend that you contact a service location or local Sony Xperia support (http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/) for help.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Visitor
Message 14 of 28
Message 14 of 28

Its ok the SUS worked thank you very much

One time poster
Message 15 of 28
Message 15 of 28

Hi All,

encountering the same problem.. when I plug it in the wall charger it keeps saying Update Failed. Thanks for this thread Grinning Face

One time poster
Message 16 of 28
Message 16 of 28

Hello, got the same problem - tried to update for kitkat via PC companion, afterwards phone rebooted and showed "update failed logo".

When i connect USB charger - it keeps showing this logo and going off, afterwards i see the "update failed" again and etc.

I've tried to turn it off with vol+ and power button and ive tried to turn it off with the red button under the sim cover - it still keeps rebooting and showing "update failed" when i connect the usb charger.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 17 of 28
Message 17 of 28

When an update has failed you need to perform a software repair using a computer. You can use Update Service for this: http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/tools/update-service/.

When Update Service shows that you should connect the phone turned off with vol- pressed, force a shutdown of the phone with the red button or power button and vol+ first, don't try to start the phone and then connect it to your computer with vol- pressed.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Visitor
Message 18 of 28
Message 18 of 28

I cant open/start my phone. i dont know what to do. i need your help sir. i already charged it. yet it keeps on repeating the update failure.  and whenever i pressend the ON/OFF BUTTON plus the VOL+ it vibrates then the LED color turned to RED-GREEN-BLUE...pls help me. PLSSSS.

Vam
Rookie
Message 19 of 28
Message 19 of 28

Hi,
I had the same problem with my xperia z1. I tried to update my phone but keeps on crashing showing the same warning "update failed, make sure yor phone is connected to the computer then try again" I guess my battery was below 50% when I performed the update.

I tried the SUS and PC companion repair to fix the problem but didn't work.
I did everything and I decided to bring my phone to Sony Service Center but my brother offered to fix it.

Actually, he did the same thing using PC companion repair. The only difference is that I was using a 1mbps internet before and he has a 3mbps internet. His 1st attempt didn't work because we were watching youtube videos that time then the laptop crashed and restarted. Then he tried again with no other applications running. And it worked! So I think the problem really was the internet connection.

Now I feel relieved. My phone is now updated to version 14.4.A.0.108. All I have to do now is to set it to my previous settings since it has restored to factory settings.

Hope this helps.
One time poster
Message 20 of 28
Message 20 of 28

SONY SUPPORT TEAM

PLEASE HELP ME. I JUST BUY SONY XPERIA Z1 TODAY AND THEN I UPDATE THE SOFTWARE.

SUDDENLY I CANNOT OPEN THE DISPLAY. BUT THE PHONE STARTS AFTER THAT ONLY BLANK SCREEN WILL APPEAR.

HOPEFULLY YOU CAN HELP ME WITH THIS?

THIS IS MY FIRST SONY PHONE AND THIS IS WHAT I AM EXPERIENCING RIGHT NOW Slightly frowning Face

SOO VERY SAD