account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Update failed, phone doesn't start

One time poster
Message 21 of 28
Message 21 of 28

Re: HELP!!!

I am also fall the same problem ... bro plz tell me how you repaired this

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 22 of 28
Message 22 of 28

Re: Update failed, phone doesn't start

Hey there, seems like I have the same problem.

Just tried to install Lollipop.1 when suddenly the phone went black and told me the software update failed. I cant boot it or restart it or connect it to my pc, like it told me. PC Companion wont detect the phone.

Please help me asap!!! Slightly frowning Face

Message 23 of 28
Message 23 of 28

@ramona1

You may need to perform a software repair using PC Companion.The process will erase all internal memory.You might need to charge your device for about 1-2 hours before so the device has at least 80% battery.

Make sure the device is not connected to computer or laptop and turned off (sometimes you have to press power button and volume up until the device vibrates 3 times or on some devices you have to press the small button near the SIM tray or on the back of the device).

Open PC companion->support zone->phone/tablet software update->repair my phone/tablet blue highlighted.Follow the steps given,do not connect your phone until prompted to press volume down while plugging USB cable. If PC companion does not start the repair process, you might need to run it in compatibility mode with Windows 7 (in some cases XP).

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

One time poster
Message 24 of 28
Message 24 of 28

Every  time I do an update, system always fails. It should be easy as. Last time I rung sony nz and they were useless!!!!!!

I have other sony products which I like but so over yr phone updates and always crashing. Reason I brought this phone was because its waterproof, was looking at upgrading to the new z3 but I'm over this software updates . All my friends have iPhones or samsung and never have update problems. Want to stay with android so might go to latest s6. Sorry but just had enough of this  software update crashing and then trying to sort the problem out myself 

Learner
Message 25 of 28
Message 25 of 28

Thank you, this was amazing and sorted my phone out. What a relief!

One time poster
Message 26 of 28
Message 26 of 28

my xperia m dosent work turn phone and he write turkish language and doesnt work and fly mode turn on .what can i do.?

One time poster
Message 27 of 28
Message 27 of 28

I had same problem after trying to root my phone ran into problems so tried software update but then it just couldnt start saying update failed but then spotted somewhere here saying to start windows 7 in safe mode (switch pc off, restart pressing F8 several times then start in safe mode with networking and then try software repair again) it worked for me, I thought I had really screwed my phone up so give it a try.

Learner
Message 28 of 28
Message 28 of 28

Re: HELP!!!

@uliwooly wrote:

Try this 

connect the phone to a wall charger > press and hold power & volume up > let it charge for 30min or so then repeat the update process or use SUS

Update Service (SUS)

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/update-service/

http://www-support-downloads.sonymobile.com/Software%20Downloads/Update_Service_Setup-2.11.12.5.exe

PC Companion (PCC)

Bridge (for Mac)

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

Don't forget to give Kudos (Click on the half star + )

Hi mate, 

I feel a bit silly asking similar questions again, but I'll give it a go. Similar procedure, flash failed, phone won't start or charge. Tried the on/off-button and vol+. Nada. Tried to connect to xperia companion after the steps described in this tread. Nada. Even tried flashtool. Nada. No contact with charger og pc-usb cable. Any other advice on what I can try? Oh, also tried the yellow button beside the sim-card. Nada. (Xperia z5 compact)