account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Unable to receive calls, but full signal, full network functions, Z1 Lollipop 5.1.1

One time poster
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Unable to receive calls, but full signal, full network functions, Z1 Lollipop 5.1.1

Hello,

I have a problem using Xperia Z1 after update to Lollipop 5.1.1.

Once turn the phone on, nobody can call to my number even with my full signal with 3G or H+, and full perfect internet functions. They will be informed that my number is not available and introduced to voice mailbox. I cannot receive the message either. But once I make one phone call out, just a ringing to any number, then people can reach my number and the alerting messages of missing calls come to my Z1 message box.

I tried chaing the other SIM cards, different numbers too, with the same problem. So this would not be carrier issue.

I also notice that, most likely, the disconnection like this would happen when I change the cell site, or change from place to the other place. I cannot receive any call during transportation (no pick up any call during driving anyway, but no incoming ring at all). All I have to do is dial out randomly just 1 time at the new site/new place, and things seems to be fine until I change the place, or happen to restart my Z1 and reconnect the signal again. It means that reboot won't help. It must be reboot + 1 dial out.

Please help. I missed many important phone calls during my work. Or may I need to change the phone....

2 REPLIES 2
Emperor
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Unable to receive calls, but full signal, full network functions, Z1 Lollipop 5.1.1

@Nut110

What you describe does sound like a carrier / network issue, or even a SIM card issue, you could try to repair your phone with PCC or boot on safe mode and see if you experience the same problem. 

PC Companion (PCC)

Bridge (for Mac)

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Genius
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Unable to receive calls, but full signal, full network functions, Z1 Lollipop 5.1.1

Hi Nut110, welcome to the community!

I agree with @uliwooly, here are some additional steps on running the repair:

Running the software repair on PC Companion:
1. Install and open PC Companion then select Support Zone.
2. Phone Software Update.
3. Start.
4. Repair Phone
5. Continue
6. Accept data removal
7. Next
8. Wait for prepare
9. Select Phone
10. Follow the connection steps

Running the software repair on Bridge for Mac:
1. Launch Bridge for MAC without the handset connected.
2. On the Main Window select "Xperia > Repair Xperia Device".
3. Ensure the phone is charged and select "Ok" in the following window.
4. Select Continue on the following page.
5. Wait until the initialising step is finished the continue as below.
6 . Select your model of phone from the list that appears
7. Follow the connection steps that appear, ensuring that you are holding the relevant button down before during and after the connection phase until the update/repair begins.

I hope this helps! Keep us updated.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.