account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Unable to multitask during a call

SOLVED
Message 21 of 28
Message 21 of 28

Re: Unable to multitask during a call

Bump
One time poster
Message 22 of 28
Message 22 of 28

On my phone it was the same. Unable to multitast during a call.

The solution is to uninstall "SmartKey" app from Sony. This is the application which is blocking the multitasking function.

Not sure when Sony will fix this application.

Hope this helps.

Learner
Message 23 of 28
Message 23 of 28

If everything works fine in Safe Mode means yhis issue was indeed caused by SmartKey app.

Managed to fix the issue by uninstalling this app...

Thanks VikramSG

One time poster
Message 24 of 28
Message 24 of 28

Awesome. Loved the smart key app, but it was the source of the lack of response for the phone during calls. Uninstalled and works fine now. Thanks!
Rookie
Message 25 of 28
Message 25 of 28

Bro I found the solution its the "Smart Key" app uninstall it, it stops your keyboard from working when in a call and the bsvk button won't work and it also messes up your widgets on your lock screen uninstall Smart Key
Sony Xperia Support
Message 26 of 28
Message 26 of 28

I have received more information about Smart Key and this issue and i'm afraid it will not be possible to solve this issue. Smart Key works by creating an overlay to intercept headset actions. When this overlay is shown the Android system can't know when you want to fill a text field which is why you can't see the keyboard during calls.

We will release a new version of Smart key that gives a dialog with information about this when you enable Smart Key though but to use the keyboard during calls you need to remove/disable Smart Key.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 27 of 28
Message 27 of 28

I am also getting the same issue on my Xpreia L after updating the phone.

How to resolve this..... I have a smart phone without smart features. Slightly frowning Face

Sony Xperia Support
Message 28 of 28
Message 28 of 28

If you want to keep the SmartKey app installed you can also turn it off for calls. To do this, open SmartKey and then move the slider next to "CALL" to "Off".

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.