account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Unable to multitask during a call

SOLVED
Adept
Message 1 of 28
Message 1 of 28

Unable to multitask during a call

When I'm in a call and switched to another app, they keyboard and touching on the app does not work. Only scrolling works.

Anyone is facing the same issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Message 13 of 28
Message 13 of 28

Re: Unable to multitask during a call

I also tried for my Z1 on the latest 4.3 firmware, but I didn't replicate the problem. Tried the keypads, keyboard and the back button while on call, and everything works fine.

27 REPLIES 27
Apprentice
Message 2 of 28
Message 2 of 28

This is an issue with Z1 which was reported earlier as well, not sure when Sony is going to address these issues!

Not addressed in the latest firmware update as well. Here are the few issues that I have observed:

- The keypad becomes non-responsive during a call.

- The back key becomes non-responsive

- While receiving a call, Cannot dismiss the call by selecting pre-configured text messages

sanholla
Adept
Message 3 of 28
Message 3 of 28

Thanks, sanholla. I hope I can tolerate this else I will run custom ROM.

@sanholla wrote:

This is an issue with Z1 which was reported earlier as well, not sure when Sony is going to address these issues!

Not addressed in the latest firmware update as well. Here are the few issues that I have observed:

- The keypad becomes non-responsive during a call.

- The back key becomes non-responsive

- While receiving a call, Cannot dismiss the call by selecting pre-configured text messages

Adept
Message 4 of 28
Message 4 of 28

Is there any way we can file a feature request to Sony?

Rookie
Message 5 of 28
Message 5 of 28

with the new sofwaer the problem continues today, as they can not fix that?

Visitor
Message 6 of 28
Message 6 of 28

Unable to use the keyboard during call

I cannot use my keyboard and the ''Back'' button while I'm talking with someone... Is it possible to do something with that? Xperia SP.

Visitor
Message 7 of 28
Message 7 of 28

Unable to use the keyboard during call

I cannot use my keyboard and the ''Back'' button while I'm talking with someone... Is it possible to do something with that?

SP

One time poster
Message 8 of 28
Message 8 of 28

Same issue for me, not bring able to text and email while on work conference calls is a real pain.

Build version 14.1.G.2.257
Sony Xperia Support
Message 9 of 28
Message 9 of 28

That sounds very strange. I've been testing this here on the same firmware but i can't replicate this problem.

Could you please try if this happens in safe mode to see if it has to do with an app you have installed? See this thread for information on safe mode: http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/How-to-boot-your-phone-into-safe-mode/m-p/348008

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Apprentice
Message 10 of 28
Message 10 of 28

I dont have this issue. Mine works well. But i am using Swiftkey keyboard.

Sony Lover.