account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Unable to multitask during a call

SOLVED
Rookie
Message 11 of 28
Message 11 of 28

Z1 back button, setting, keyboard not functioning while on headset calling

I just get my Z1 two days ago & I found out that while I'm on calling using headset, the back button not functioning, can't tap on any options in Setting, the keyboard is not going up when I.m trying to find a contact numbers or texting..FYI, im using 4.3 now on this Z1..anyone can clarified this issues for me pls???

F10
Apprentice
Message 12 of 28
Message 12 of 28

Re: Z1 back button, setting, keyboard not functioning while on headset calling

alright mate i have had loads of problems with my Z1 but with your problem it could be the battery thats the problem or it needs a software upgrade

Highlighted
Message 13 of 28
Message 13 of 28

Re: Unable to multitask during a call

I also tried for my Z1 on the latest 4.3 firmware, but I didn't replicate the problem. Tried the keypads, keyboard and the back button while on call, and everything works fine.

Rookie
Message 14 of 28
Message 14 of 28

mostly the problem occurs when calling on headset either wired  or bluetooth headset..but I tried re-install the 4.3 firmware using SUS & the problem seems gone..hv to test it for another few days to make sure it din't come back..guys mayb u all can try this.. :smileysmileywink:

Adept
Message 15 of 28
Message 15 of 28

yes, looks good in 4.3. will do more test over the next few weeks!

Message 16 of 28
Message 16 of 28

Did anyone resolve this problem? Tried to restart the phone in fail-safe and the problem disappeared... So it is an app that causes it? But which?...
Message 17 of 28
Message 17 of 28

In safe mode you are ok?Do you use whatsapp or some app like that for calls?

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

One time poster
Message 18 of 28
Message 18 of 28

Managed to replicate this several times now.

To start I can make a call and establish a connection with the other party, I can multitask, open up sms, type messages and the keyboard works fine, this is while talking through standard speaker and microphone.

As soon as I switch to loudspeaker all functionality to select app's, open messages or bring up the keyboard fails.

End the call, redail and use standard speaker and microphone, everything back to normal. Switch to loudspeaker everything stops again.

Will dig out the head phones as soon as I can find them and test this also.

Build number is now 14.2.A.0.290 (Andriod 4.3)

Message 19 of 28
Message 19 of 28

Yes, the problem disappears when restarting in safe mode. Also no problem during calls with viber.

I tried to uninstall viber and whatsapp and restart the phone, but the bug is still there during normal calls.

For me Multitasking doesn't work even while using the regular speaker...
Apprentice
Message 20 of 28
Message 20 of 28

I have a similar problem. Latest Z1 firmware, Android 4.3, encrypted phone and SD card, 9 digits alphanumeric password. Impossible to unlock device during calls.