account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Unable to login to play memories

One time poster
Message 1 of 13
Message 1 of 13

Unable to login to play memories

Hi,

I am unable to login in play memories. Whenever i try to login it gives error : Please try after some time.

Its been weeks that i am trying to login but the same error.

Please help

12 REPLIES 12
Emperor
Message 2 of 13
Message 2 of 13

Re: Unable to login to play memories

http://blog.playmemoriesonline.com/en_ww/2014/03/en0312maint.html

Notice of temporary service suspension

[Note added on March 17]

We are sorry to announce that the PlayMemories Online service has been suspended temporarily since March 12th due to system failure.
We are investigating the problem but it will take some time until the service can resume.
Please note that this service suspension has also caused the distribution of PlayMemories Online apps for Android™/iOS to be suspended temporarily as well.

We sincerely apologize for the long-term inconvenience to our customers.

[On March 12]

We are currently experiencing some issues with our PlayMemories Online service. Restoring service is our number 1 priority.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

- The Sony PlayMemories Team

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Adept
Message 3 of 13
Message 3 of 13

Album problem and restoring help

Hello everyone.

I just flashed my Z1 to KitKat to try it out. Everything worked fine except when i went into albums playmemories wasnt there anymore and it is really important to me. So i messed around with KitKat a bit and decided to roll back to my original software but do not know how that can be done. 

I repaired my phone using pc companion but it just keeps KitKat.

Can someone help me with getting my original software back (UK unbranded)

Also Album now shows me all my sd card photoes on the top with the wrong date. So my recently taken photos are actually so far down the list now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Adept
Message 4 of 13
Message 4 of 13

Is this why i cannot find it under Album?

Thanks

Emperor
Message 5 of 13
Message 5 of 13

Re: Album problem and restoring help

I would think so 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Adept
Message 6 of 13
Message 6 of 13

What about the album sorting problem?

Can someone help with that please?

Emperor
Message 7 of 13
Message 7 of 13

What if you try this 

settings > apps > all > album > clear data > restart your phone 

or 

use a file manager (OI file manager) > DCIM > delete the thumbnails album > restart your phone

Adept
Message 8 of 13
Message 8 of 13

I tried it but unfortunately nothing worked except simply moving all these pictures out of my phone.

Thanks for the reply.

Emperor
Message 9 of 13
Message 9 of 13

Sorry to hear that

Regular
Message 10 of 13
Message 10 of 13

I have had the same, however this weekend i managed to get my Xperia to logon to Playmemories, however the Playmemories online and Mac application still steadfastly refuse to allow me to log on despite working before the big playmemories shutdown.

Yes i live in the UK where the service was restored early in April

Can anyone advise as to when this will be resolved....

Mike