account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Touch screen problem on specific area when device is unlocked

Learner
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Touch screen problem on specific area when device is unlocked

Since that is a weird issue & after searching a lot of times i don't get a proper solution, i think that is the time to post it.

Touch not working on top notification bar & bottom menu(home, back) bar when device is unlocked. But that is working perfectly when device is locked(on lock-screen).

I already test screen by Xperia Diagnostics, every area of screen working fine.

So, of course that is not a Hardware issue. I already tried with Downgrading to kitkat but that doesn't help.

Thanks in advance Slightly smiling Face

Xperia Z1(C6903)
14.5.A.0.270

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Touch screen problem on specific area when device is unlocked

Might be one of your apps? Try safe mode.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Genius
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Hi arifkpi, welcome to the community!

I agree with @Quester on this. Boot the phone in Safe Mode, if the issue was not present in Safe Mode, that indicates it is a third party app causing the issue. In this case exit Safe Mode and then un-install any third party apps you don't need and clear the cache/data for the apps you want to keep. If this doesn't help or you have found that the issue was still present in Safe Mode - you will need to run a software repair on the handset. 

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

That doesn't Help Slightly frowning Face

Highlighted
Genius
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Hi arifkpi, I am sorry to hear that. I advise running a software repair on the handset as that is likely to resolve the issue. If it doesn't then I advise contacting your local Sony Xperia Customer Care team asap to get the handset inspected.

Here's how to run a software repair using PC Companion.

Open PC Companion > click Start under Backup & Restore to back up data. Once complete, disconnect and power off the phone. Press Start under Support Zone > Phone/Tablet software update > Repair my phone/tablet > Continue > Accept data removal > Next > Wait for prepare > Select model of phone > Follow the connection steps. 

I do hope this helps, let us know how you get on.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.