account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Timeshift Burst Extra Photos

SOLVED
Adept
Message 1 of 53
Message 1 of 53

Timeshift Burst Extra Photos

Hi,

I have taken a photo using the camera Timeshift Burst, which works great.. but the problem is when i goto select images for e.g. facebook upload, text, whats app etc... I see all of the photos from that timeshift burst and not just the single one i selected from the timeshift burst.

Is there a way to only keep one of the photos from a timeshift burst and to delete the rest?

The extra photos don't show up in the normal Album app, only when I goto selcting a photo for use elsewhere. Also they show up if i sync them to my computer etc.

Neil

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 53
Message 6 of 53

Re: Timeshift Burst Extra Photos

As 

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

52 REPLIES 52
Emperor
Message 2 of 53
Message 2 of 53

If you want to see the burst photos 

Album > My albums > SD card or Internal > fastburst camera

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Adept
Message 3 of 53
Message 3 of 53

Hi,

No.. viewing them is fine, but the problem i am having is e.g. when i goto send a text message and attach a photo, i see all of the burst photos in the selection.

So for example i only have about 40 photos in my album, i will see an extra 25 or so more from the burst photo.

Is there a way to delete the burst photos and only keep the one photo from the burst i want to keep.. or when selecting an image to only see the main selected burst photo and not all of them.

Neil

Emperor
Message 4 of 53
Message 4 of 53

If I'm not mistaken you have to delete them manually. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Adept
Message 5 of 53
Message 5 of 53

Hi,

How can I manually delete them?

Is there a forum somewhere to request this as a future feature to be able to delete the extra burst photos from the burst.. so a button to say choose this photo and delete the rest in the burst?

Neil

Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 53
Message 6 of 53

As 

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Sage
Message 7 of 53
Message 7 of 53

way one: preinstalled file manager if you still have it installed (you can find them in DCIM -> XPERIA -> TIMESHIFT folder)

way two: connect it to PC, open in Windows Explorer, find the same folder, and annihilate Winking Face

EDIT: sorry, we crossposted

----------
When everything have failed already, try to read the manual.
Kudos mean I am helpful. Am I for you? Then support me back Slightly smiling Face

Adept
Message 8 of 53
Message 8 of 53

Thank you all.

Visitor
Message 13 of 53
Message 13 of 53

This solution delete all pics including the choosen one, is there any way to keep the choosen one and delete the others
Veteran
Message 14 of 53
Message 14 of 53

After taking the picture there should be an option to choose between:
- save only 1 picture
- save a few selected pictures
- save all poctures

I think that it should not be that hard for devs. 
Thank you,