account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Sudden battery drop z1

Apprentice
Message 11 of 39
Message 11 of 39

Re: Sudden battery drop z1

just jumped to 13 instantly, recharging

Emperor
Message 12 of 39
Message 12 of 39

@Zaltais

Quite odd, contact your local Xperia Care

http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/contactUs/

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Apprentice
Message 13 of 39
Message 13 of 39

Screenshot_2015-06-08-21-37-55.png

graph from running the phone in safe mode the whole time

contacted my local support through mail now, waiting for response, just wanted to update this with the result from safe mode

One time poster
Message 14 of 39
Message 14 of 39

Don't know how to paste a pic, anyway, I encountered exactly the same recently

Sundden drop from ~50% to zero in a second, then auto shut down
One time poster
Message 15 of 39
Message 15 of 39

I am having the exact same issue. I get a total of about 6 hours of phone everyday. It drops from 50% to 0% and shuts off in an instant. It is completely unreliable.

I don't think I have the patience to do all the legwork that you have to fix this issue. Will Sony support a fix for this?

One time poster
Message 16 of 39
Message 16 of 39

Since the recent update my phone has also been running out of battery very quickly.

I have had to the device for just over 2 years now. Could that be anything to do with it?

One time poster
Message 17 of 39
Message 17 of 39

Also having this similar issue.

Big drops in battery.

I suspect it's the lollipop update

Apprentice
Message 18 of 39
Message 18 of 39

I'm having the same issues. I even made a factory reset, but didn't work. What I have noticed is that the phone I getting really hot and in my case the back panel has started getting detached from the body.
Apprentice
Message 19 of 39
Message 19 of 39

Same issue here, but the phone was working fine till recently and its been a while since i last updated it, which gave the button to close all apps at once.

Any resolution?

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 20 of 39
Message 20 of 39

I'm having the same problem and it only started happening within the last 3 weeks or so. I recently did some updates and now it's getting hot faster (I use an ice pack to keep it cool sometimes) and suddenly goes to 0% battery and shuts down. Looked at power usage and it's not looking much different to the screen shots posted previously. It's really annoying. I've gone from charging once per day with normal use to charging 2 or 3 times a day now. They really need to find a resolution to this soon.