account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Sony Xperia Z1 will turn on when charging but as soon as it's taken off charge, it turns off.

Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Sony Xperia Z1 will turn on when charging but as soon as it's taken off charge, it turns off.

My phone was on charge connected to my PC on about 20% battery when it suddenly turned itself off. It refused to turn on so I plugged it into a wall charger and then after I let it charge for 20 minutes, I was able to turn it on. However, as soon as I took it off charge, it turned itself off again and now, when I put it on charge, the battery life flicked from 23% to 45% to 0% whilst it's plugged into the wall and it keeps turning itself off. Any help?

6 REPLIES 6
Emperor
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: Sony Xperia Z1 will turn on when charging but as soon as it's taken off charge, it turns off.

Turn off the phone, connect the phone to a wall charger, press and hold power and volume up for 10 seconds, let it charge for two to three hours, then repair it with PCC

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Phy
Forum Legend
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Re: Sony Xperia Z1 will turn on when charging but as soon as it's taken off charge, it turns off.

Do as uliwooly suggests and repair it with Sony PC Companion.

Link to sony pc Companion.
http://support.sonymobile.com/us/tools/pc-companion/
Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

Hi alexvickers012,

Welcome to the community

Failing all of the above, you may need to get the handset to a service agent. If it does come to this please contact Sony Mobile within your region to get more info on what you need to do.

Please use my signature to find contact details.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

I have tried all of the above and none of them work Slightly frowning Face

For the brief period of time that it is turned on, I checked the diagnostic tool and it has reported a "system incident" every time it has turned itself off. Does that inormation help? I think I may have to send it off though... 

Phy
Forum Legend
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

Yeah, it would be best to send it off to get repaired
Sony Xperia Support
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Use this link, if you are in any of these areas

Repair instructions

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.