account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Sony Xperia Z1 is locked..

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Sony Xperia Z1 is locked..

I have forgotten the password of my Sony Xperia Z1 and can not unlock the phone. I tried to get into the boot menu but it did not work to get in there because I wanted to reset the phone. Then I tried all the programs for the PC but at all the phone had to be unlocked and that is not ...

How can I reset my phone under these circumstances?

Thanks in advance.
2 REPLIES 2
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Sony Xperia Z1 is locked..

Hi @Need-Help

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear about this Slightly frowning Face

When you say you have tried with the PC, I assume you attempted a software repair using Xperia Companion?

If so, since you are trying to remove a screen lock from your device you will need to make sure the phone is turned off prior to attempting the software repair. 

You will be asked to confirm if the handset can be turned on, simply select that you cannot turn it on, leave the phone off and follow the steps.

Let me know if you have any further issues Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Sony Xperia Z1 is locked..

Hello , i've forgetten password also but i remember the pin but i dont know where to write the pin to unlock , and i have very important data i can not lose it , what should i do ?