account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Sony Xperia Z1 Won't charge

Rookie
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

Sony Xperia Z1 Won't charge

Hi guys, the other day my phones battery went 0% as i couldnt get to a charger at that moment in time. As a result my Z1 can not charge or power on. Ive tried multiple plugs and chargers all having no effect. Any help appreciated.

(Ive also looked over the forums but cannot find anything effective)

8 REPLIES 8
Talent
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Re: Sony Xperia Z1 Won't charge

I've had the same problem as you, sometimes "it" sorts "its" self out, (after leaving the phone alone for 24 hours the problem seems to go away) and you can charge the phone again, other times, it stays and you have to contact support and sent your phone off, 

sometimes its stuck, in the bootloader, which would keep the phone on, try power button and vol up at the same time for 30 seconds or longer! this will force the phone to reboot, if the phones low on power it wont reboot but turn off, try the charger again and you should get the red light, if you see no red light, and you have tried everything for 3 days, ring support and get it replaced 

Rookie
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

Im going to take it in to O2 Today, thanks anyway!

Master
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

If the battery is 100% drained you might have to leave the phone with the charger connected for an hour or so before it shows any signs of life again.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

What is the best charging time span? I usually do 3 hours but earlier i fell asleep, as a result charging was 4 hours! Im sooo worried. Pls reply. Also, is it best to drain battery once in a while?
One time poster
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

The above method worked for me! I was just about to take my Z1C to a mobilephone repairer. Thank you very much!!!

Visitor
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

my sony xperia z1 is not charging despite all effort to charge. when i plug in the charger the red blinks 2 times and thats it. i have taken it to technicians, stiil not chaging. i need solutions please.

thank you

Visitor
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

hw can i get it to work?

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

Im having the ssame problem with my Z1, when i put it on the charger the charging light will sometimes come on or not. I did a software repair and still nothing. It can switch on then just switches off and wont switch back on. Is it maybe the battery?