account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Sony Xperia Z1 Sudden Death

SOLVED
Visitor
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Sony Xperia Z1 Sudden Death

I was talking to my friend on the phone and once I finished the call and I was going to open it, I was surprised that it's shutdown and it's not turning on again, I put it in the charger but still nothing.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Emperor
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Sony Xperia Z1 Sudden Death

Connect the phone to a wall charger > press and hold power & volume up for 10 seconds > let it charge for 2 to 3 hours 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Emperor
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Connect the phone to a wall charger > press and hold power & volume up for 10 seconds > let it charge for 2 to 3 hours 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

View solution in original post

Visitor
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Thank you so much for your help, it's working and hopefully that it's the first and the last time happens..!!

Emperor
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Anytime, it will be wise to backup everything and re-install the latest update with PCC just in case 

PC Companion (PCC)

Bridge (for Mac)

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Thanks for the suggested solution.

I have been doing that (pressed and hold both the power and volume up buttons) but without plugging it to the wall.  It rebooted the phone.  Does it matter whether the phone is plugged into the wall or not?

The phone black out happened to me at least once a day since the update of 4.4.4.  Sigh.

Emperor
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

re-install the latest update with PCC