account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Some camera functions doesn't work in 20mp mode

SOLVED
Learner
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

Some camera functions doesn't work in 20mp mode

Hi. my name is Giordano and I'm writting from Chile.

I can't use the SCN mode in manual mode in 20 MP. The software menu doesn't show the HDR mode, the SCN options and the 16:9 mode either. This functions only works in 8MP in manual mode. In your opinion, my device have a problem or this issue is present in all Xperia Z1? If it possible to resolve it?

Thanks for your help

Screenshot_2014-01-14-22-47-42.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
tjl
Visitor
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

Re: Some camera functions doesn't work in 20mp mode

Hi only 8.0MP resolution setting allows all these features. 20.7MP is too high. HTH.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Emperor
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

There's nothing wrong with your phone that's how it supposed to be, google it or look into HDR and you will understand the reason behind it. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

Hi. I would be appreciated if you have any information to explain the absence of any options or the SCN mode in manual mode. My last phone, an Xperia Z works in high resolution with all camera functions and capabilities, but the Z1 not
tjl
Visitor
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

Hi only 8.0MP resolution setting allows all these features. 20.7MP is too high. HTH.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

Could be possible use Auto Mode with 20 m. in futures updates? Official of course.
Learner
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

Oh my... Understood. Thanks for your help. Now I know I have a super camera who **bleep** In Hi Res... I need my Xperia Z back!!!!!
Sage
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

Please understand that the 8MP of your new phone are probably better than the former 13MP of the Xperia Z...

The reason is the bigger sensor, better quality G-lens... and it also allows for lossless zooming capabilities...

Rookie
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

Hi 

So should I uninstall recent updates on my Xperia z3 because it won't have the newer sensor and TV the scene modes are not  available?

Thanks, 

Ian